Brexit

D

Deleted member 21259

Got to be fake news.
I thought this could never happen after brexit.

As a very strong and very vocal opponent of Brexit as some of you may be slightly aware ? I wholeheartedly applaud this and dearly hope we can get a lot more manufacturing and assembly of a whole range of stuff here. I don't think any of us either leave or remain can deny the fact that we certainly need it ;)

Tyke777

Reaction score
Got to be fake news.

The self same news https://doggerbank.com/ the worlds largest offshore wind farm, being serviced and operated via Teessport which itself is getting multi-million pound upgrade that will help Brexit-proof Teesport and cement its position as the "UK’s northern gateway for international trade"

Teessport will become the UK's first of 10 Freeports, lets hope it can get the status by the end of 2021

Just watch this space over the next few years, the North east is going places, jump on if you fancy the ride

Safranfoer

Reaction score
Got to be fake news.

It's really excellent news and much needed right now. All shots of confidence very gratefully received. Do we think this means we are looking at leaving with a deal? Do the departures of Cummings and Cain suggest that too, does anyone think?

mows

Reaction score
The pound against the Euro has been very stable over the last 3 months with a very small rise over the last 2 weeks.
I think the deal has been done weeks ago.
We are now in the posturing and showing how hard we worked to get it across the line stage for both sides.

D

Deleted member 21259

It's really excellent news and much needed right now. All shots of confidence very gratefully received. Do we think this means we are looking at leaving with a deal? Do the departures of Cummings and Cain suggest that too, does anyone think?

I only just found out. Cummings has already gone :oops:

ozzyian

Reaction score
I wonder if the BBC will report the good news. No - 25 mins into the 6 o'clock news and a long piece on Diwali not a squeak bout Nissan.?☹

Can you just imagine the coverage a similarly sized Nissan factory closure would have received 18 months ago? It would have been the sombre 'told you so' No1 item until 'Bank says its moving HQ if Brexit goes ahead' a few days later, followed by 'Planes barred from flying over Britain under European Law' the following week.

You are right, just watched the good ol beeb news all the way up to and past the 'cat rescued from tree' item and not a peep. Why is that then? Very puzzling, they normally take such an interest. It's about time they sent a reporter up to the Grimsby Line Dancers for some bad social distancing during the predictable borderline racist 'stop the foreigners coming in' rant.

D

Deleted member 945

I’ve just looked on BBC, ITV, CH4, the daily fail, the s*n, and the daily express websites, none of which are covering the story as far as I can see. Conspiracy?!?!?!!!

ozzyian

Reaction score
I’ve just looked on BBC, ITV, CH4, the daily fail, the s*n, and the daily express websites, none of which are covering the story as far as I can see. Conspiracy?!?!?!!!

Or just a pack of negative ***** who have worked out that they make money/keep their jobs when they are scaring people whilst not making money and at risk of losing their jobs if they are making people happy.

D

Deleted member 945

Or just a pack of negative ***** who have worked out that they make money/keep their jobs when they are scaring people whilst not making money and at risk of losing their jobs if they are making people happy.

Plenty of good news today. The demise of two psychopaths

D

Deleted member 945

LOL, which ones are anti European, ? and what's it got to do with Europe. ?

happy days

Reaction score
I thought we were talking about TV channels. I gave up with papers years ago.

Safranfoer

Reaction score
Maybe they should do a round up of every business that still offers the same number of jobs it did yesterday, every night. In the interest of fairness and balance.

It’s good news we didn’t lose it. Very good news. But if *not* losing jobs is what counts as headline 6pm celebratory news these days, we are a bit buggered.

mows

Reaction score
Maybe they should do a round up of every business that still offers the same number of jobs it did yesterday, every night. In the interest of fairness and balance.

It’s good news we didn’t lose it. Very good news. But if *not* losing jobs is what counts as headline 6pm celebratory news these days, we are a bit buggered.

They were happy enough to have a doom and gloom article last year.

Safranfoer

Reaction score

They were happy enough to have a doom and gloom article last year.
Gaining jobs, or the prospect of gaining jobs, is news. Losing jobs, or the prospect of losing jobs, is news. Jobs being the same is not news.

Japan said they would pull out. Were the BBC not supposed to report that? If the jobs had gone, would Sunderland have complained that the London elite didn’t care about their jobs since no one reported it? You can’t criticise the BBC because you don’t like the news they report. Take that up with Japan.

keirstream

Reaction score
As long as whisky, gin and beer breweries keep going from strength to strength in this country then that will keep me happy into my dotage.:D
Mind you, we do have a problem with foreign landlords in the Far North (Europeans and Asians) fu**ing up the traditional Heelan way of life.
Pity Brexit couldn't have done something positive about that.:(

Safranfoer

Reaction score
Maybe coronavirus will close those pubs and sort your problem out, kierstream...

I’m heartened by the article mows shared. Japan said export duty would make manufacturing here unviable. Now it is viable. I know it isn’t new investment, but. Viable. Maybe you’re right mows, and a deal has already been done.