Brexit

Walleye

Well-known member
Messages
2,463
Reaction score
926
Getting interesting...
I thought Mrs May and her Tory crew would **** this up but even I'm underestimating how completely useless they are.
Why on earth are we even contemplating any kind of negotiation. They should have turned up on day one and said "Right, we're off. Here's a cheque to cover our liabilities. Bye." Then we'd have had two years to extend the trading terms we already use for 60% of our existing world trade to the remaining 40% which is done through the EU. Easy. Businesses adapt quickly and thrive when there is certainty. Businesses hate uncertainty.
May never had any intention of full Brexit. She just wants to keep her and her party in power in that order.
Soft Brexit is the worst of all worlds. Johnson got it spot on, we'd be a colony with taxation and without representation. EU will take all they can while they can until we wake up and smell the coffee and either leave in full or stay in full.

The thing that scares me most is the thought of Jacob Reece Mogg becoming PM. He'll probably do a decent job on Brexit but holy ****, what will happen to the rest of our country while he is doing it? I'm moving to Scotland. If it rains soon.
 

greenlaner2009

Active member
Messages
536
Reaction score
193
Getting interesting...
I thought Mrs May and her Tory crew would **** this up but even I'm underestimating how completely useless they are.
Why on earth are we even contemplating any kind of negotiation. They should have turned up on day one and said "Right, we're off. Here's a cheque to cover our liabilities. Bye." Then we'd have had two years to extend the trading terms we already use for 60% of our existing world trade to the remaining 40% which is done through the EU. Easy. Businesses adapt quickly and thrive when there is certainty. Businesses hate uncertainty.
May never had any intention of full Brexit. She just wants to keep her and her party in power in that order.
Soft Brexit is the worst of all worlds. Johnson got it spot on, we'd be a colony with taxation and without representation. EU will take all they can while they can until we wake up and smell the coffee and either leave in full or stay in full.

The thing that scares me most is the thought of Jacob Reece Mogg becoming PM. He'll probably do a decent job on Brexit but holy ****, what will happen to the rest of our country while he is doing it? I'm moving to Scotland. If it rains soon.
I would swap Jacob Reece Mogg for Mrs May in a heartbeat.
 

SOS

Well-known member
Messages
1,396
Reaction score
257
Why would you want to move to Scotland our ***** are far worse than your *****.
 

Walleye

Well-known member
Messages
2,463
Reaction score
926
Why would you want to move to Scotland our ***** are far worse than your *****.
**** it, I'll move to Wales then. I've heard the rivers are full of salmon and sea trout and at least it rains in Wales.
 

ozzyian

Well-known member
Messages
4,793
Reaction score
304
Location
East Lothian
Getting interesting...
I thought Mrs May and her Tory crew would **** this up but even I'm underestimating how completely useless they are.
Why on earth are we even contemplating any kind of negotiation. They should have turned up on day one and said "Right, we're off. Here's a cheque to cover our liabilities. Bye." Then we'd have had two years to extend the trading terms we already use for 60% of our existing world trade to the remaining 40% which is done through the EU. Easy. Businesses adapt quickly and thrive when there is certainty. Businesses hate uncertainty.
May never had any intention of full Brexit. She just wants to keep her and her party in power in that order.
Soft Brexit is the worst of all worlds. Johnson got it spot on, we'd be a colony with taxation and without representation. EU will take all they can while they can until we wake up and smell the coffee and either leave in full or stay in full.

The thing that scares me most is the thought of Jacob Reece Mogg becoming PM. He'll probably do a decent job on Brexit but holy ****, what will happen to the rest of our country while he is doing it? I'm moving to Scotland. If it rains soon.
Tend to agree. In addition to the internal party politics our wonderful open democracy has now pretty much destroyed our negotiating position.

I had misgivings about an open democracy attempting to negotiate with an autocracy and maybe this is the inevitable outcome - that it can't be done. We should have suspended some of the niceties for the duration and given ourselves a fighting chance.

Whatever openly discussed, kicked around, horse traded and compromised position we go to Barnier with and him knowing that it must go back to Parliament he will naturally say 'non, we want more' They've got the whip hand.

Therefore I sort of agree that we're heading for the worst outcome and I'm wondering how that shower in Westminster will be able to recommend we walk with no deal - can't see it myself.

There's no help across the benches either. A week does not go by on Question Time without some random imploring the panel to stop the grubby politics and work for the betterment of the deal. Every week at the dispatch box Corbyn and his mates seek to undermine the Government and it's position on the issue - for their own political benefit. In hindsight this should have been cross party project.
 

SOS

Well-known member
Messages
1,396
Reaction score
257
May is as week as a sh1t the morning after having a Vindaloo all spice and no substance.
 

Loxie

Well-known member
Messages
10,308
Reaction score
387
May is as week as a sh1t the morning after having a Vindaloo all spice and no substance.
I'm afraid you are wrong. A vindaloo sh1t has more spice!

We're doomed, doomed I tell you.
 

morphfly

Member
Messages
398
Reaction score
13
**** it, I'll move to Wales then. I've heard the rivers are full of salmon and sea trout and at least it rains in Wales.
Your opinion on brexit negotiations would suggest an innate intelligence however your desire to move to Wales for salmon sea trout needs a bit of research. Certainly west wales.
Morphfly
 

KILDONAN

Active member
Messages
379
Reaction score
121
Thatcher would have sorted them out. There is no one with a spine in English politics anymore, Save Farage wether you agree with him or not.
 

John Keane

New member
Messages
908
Reaction score
0
Thatcher would have sorted them out. There is no one with a spine in English politics anymore, Save Farage wether you agree with him or not.
Farage is just a lying w**ker only looking out for his own ends like Johnson, Gove, etc.
 

happy days

Well-known member
Messages
4,282
Reaction score
293
Location
Liverpool
Tend to agree. In addition to the internal party politics our wonderful open democracy has now pretty much destroyed our negotiating position.

I had misgivings about an open democracy attempting to negotiate with an autocracy and maybe this is the inevitable outcome - that it can't be done. We should have suspended some of the niceties for the duration and given ourselves a fighting chance.

Whatever openly discussed, kicked around, horse traded and compromised position we go to Barnier with and him knowing that it must go back to Parliament he will naturally say 'non, we want more' They've got the whip hand.

Therefore I sort of agree that we're heading for the worst outcome and I'm wondering how that shower in Westminster will be able to recommend we walk with no deal - can't see it myself.

There's no help across the benches either. A week does not go by on Question Time without some random imploring the panel to stop the grubby politics and work for the betterment of the deal. Every week at the dispatch box Corbyn and his mates seek to undermine the Government and it's position on the issue - for their own political benefit. In hindsight this should have been cross party project.
Have you seen the vetting procedure to actually get in the audience on QT, it is certainly no open floor. Have you also noticed that the BBC website have stopped anyone leaving comments after their articles, the BBC is supposed to be an unbiased source of public information, make your own mind up on that one.
 

happy days

Well-known member
Messages
4,282
Reaction score
293
Location
Liverpool
Thatcher would have sorted them out. There is no one with a spine in English politics anymore, Save Farage wether you agree with him or not.
Yeah like she sorted hillsborough out. State funeral, she should be dug up and thrown to the crows, just my opinion of course.
 

Handel

Well-known member
Messages
1,731
Reaction score
101
Location
London
Farage is just a lying w**ker only looking out for his own ends like Johnson, Gove, etc.
Sadly your list could be much, much longer and include the vast majority of our MPs and most of the members of the House of Lords. People of ability don't go to either place these days because it isn't interesting, all the important work is done in Brussels. Same applies to the Civil Service for the same reason. And that is why we don't have people able to deliver Brexit. If you were making a list of the attributes needed to be Prime Minister, May lacks most of them, so does Corbyn.
 

ozzyian

Well-known member
Messages
4,793
Reaction score
304
Location
East Lothian
Have you seen the vetting procedure to actually get in the audience on QT, it is certainly no open floor. Have you also noticed that the BBC website have stopped anyone leaving comments after their articles, the BBC is supposed to be an unbiased source of public information, make your own mind up on that one.
No doubt!

Amongst the vested interests, assorted rabble of all political persuasions, agitators and odd good egg the plea each week is to put party politics to one side - it's the one dominant sentiment amongst the varied political outbursts (that and how great the people working in the NHS are)




I'm not so sure about your accusation of deliberate bias within the BBC at all. As you will recall I've always defended their impartiality. Anyway, I'm going to stop watching QT for 2 reasons a) it's just repetitive b) I've just joined the Grimsby Line Dancing and Cowboy Club - and it meets on a Thurs night, so I won't be home in time.
 
Last edited:

Occasional salmon fisher

Well-known member
Messages
3,449
Reaction score
326
No doubt!

Amongst the vested interests, assorted rabble of all political persuasions, agitators and odd good egg the plea each week is to put party politics to one side - it's the one dominant sentiment amongst the varied political outbursts (that and how great the people working in the NHS are)




I'm not so sure about your accusation of deliberate bias within the BBC at all. As you will recall I've always defended their impartiality. Anyway, I'm going to stop watching QT for 2 reasons a) it's just repetitive b) I've just joined the Grimsby Line Dancing and Cowboy Club - and it meets on a Thurs night, so I won't be home in time.
Just out of interest, are the GLDCC still keen Brexiteers ? :)
 

happy days

Well-known member
Messages
4,282
Reaction score
293
Location
Liverpool
To be honest the only one I have heard making any sense about this is rees mogg. And I am no fan of the tories.
 

ozzyian

Well-known member
Messages
4,793
Reaction score
304
Location
East Lothian
Just out of interest, are the GLDCC still keen Brexiteers ? :)
Damn straight we are!

In fact the BBC are coming up next Thursday to do a feature for the 10 O'Clock News.

On the one hand an Oxford Don is being interviewed to discuss the problems Brexit is creating for research funding and to balance it they want to talk to us about foreigners taking our jobs. I'm wearing my biggest 10 gallon hat in the hope I get interviewed.
 

Occasional salmon fisher

Well-known member
Messages
3,449
Reaction score
326
Damn straight we are!

In fact the BBC are coming up next Thursday to do a feature for the 10 O'Clock News.

On the one hand an Oxford Don is being interviewed to discuss the problems Brexit is creating for research funding and to balance it they want to talk to us about foreigners taking our jobs. I'm wearing my biggest 10 gallon hat in the hope I get interviewed.
I know its repetition but made me giggle thinking of the GLDCC ! :D

They Took Our Jobs - YouTube
 

PETEY

Active member
Messages
795
Reaction score
47
Location
The Emerald Isle
Damn straight we are!

In fact the BBC are coming up next Thursday to do a feature for the 10 O'Clock News.

On the one hand an Oxford Don is being interviewed to discuss the problems Brexit is creating for research funding and to balance it they want to talk to us about foreigners taking our jobs. I'm wearing my biggest 10 gallon hat in the hope I get interviewed.
Aye.... 10 Gallon hat...….. on a two pint head.:lol:
 
Top