Border Esk

Finglas

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has experience on fishing the border esk for salmon and sea trout. I've been looking at places to fish this year. Normally we head down the Annan so was looking at rivers in that region. Border esk seems to catch an awful lot of sea trout, certainly a lot more than other neighbouring solway rivers.

Any advice would be great.

Jamie

Last edited:

carma2

Reaction score
fished at Burnfoot one day last October , nice beat , had 2 salmon my mate had 1 on rapallas , 2 foot on , nothing till mid afternoon.
you need a EA rod licence to fish the Border Esk tho .

Finglas

Reaction score
fished at Burnfoot one day last October , nice beat , had 2 salmon my mate had 1 on rapallas , 2 foot on , nothing till mid afternoon.
you need a EA rod licence to fish the Border Esk tho .

Thanks for getting back to me here. Sounds like good fishing, looks great in the pics. The licence probably rules it out, don't imagine it's worth the hassle of getting a licence for a few days fishing!

Thanks again

wormo

Reaction score
Thanks for getting back to me here. Sounds like good fishing, looks great in the pics. The licence probably rules it out, don't imagine it's worth the hassle of getting a licence for a few days fishing!

Thanks again
don't worry about the licence m8 you can get daily ones it not that expensive, it's a decent place to fish , I fished burnfoot last July , some nice fly water as well as spinning, and you can fish a prawn/shrimp /worm without any worries 👍
ps we got a sparkling salmon around the mid double and a sea trout on a flying c , and a local lad had two upper teen fish to the prawn

Finglas

Reaction score
don't worry about the licence m8 you can get daily ones it not that expensive, it's a decent place to fish , I fished burnfoot last July , some nice fly water as well as spinning, and you can fish a prawn/shrimp /worm without any worries 👍
ps we got a sparkling salmon around the mid double and a sea trout on a flying c , and a local lad had two upper teen fish to the prawn

Thanks wormo, definitely sounds like it is worth a go! I'll investigate the licence and see what's happening. The catch returns for sea trout on some of the beats are phenomenal!

Jamie