Blue charm varients

Tony Mac

Reaction score
Had a play with head colour, I think I prefer the pink

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Tony Mac

Reaction score
Thanks guys, I cant comment on how good it was 5 years ago, I only started tying a year ago, but the standard on the forum is excellent

Tony Mac

Reaction score
Nice looking flies.
The do not look very much like the classic strip winged blue charm though.
Yeah, I decided to have a play about with them mate. Thats why I stuck varients on the title

Andrew B

Reaction score
Thanks guys, I cant comment on how good it was 5 years ago, I only started tying a year ago, but the standard on the forum is excellent

Just started a year ago you say? That’s really something as whilst the patterns aren’t difficult the level is very high imo.

Tony Mac

Reaction score
Yeah, I tied my first Salmon fly around November last year

gwelsher

Reaction score
Like peas in a pod. The standard on here now seems way higher than five years ago.

If the old pictures are still available and the intelligent points about fly design that were being discussed in those days were still available, or you bothered to research them, you might realise how facile that statement is 😲 😲

Last edited:

Hardyreels

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Like peas in a pod. The standard on here now seems way higher than five years ago.

I believe this has been driven by the level of both participation and sharing of techniques for tying. Seeing the level of craftsmanship that one member puts into his tying is a natural incentive for everyone who views. This has been the case for me, over the past six years I've transitioned to the Scandinavian or Northern European style flies because of my exposure here. I would add that the change has been for the better all around in that I enjoy making them and am catching more fish also.

Andrew B

Reaction score
I believe this has been driven by the level of both participation and sharing of techniques for tying. Seeing the level of craftsmanship that one member puts into his tying is a natural incentive for everyone who views. This has been the case for me, over the past six years I've transitioned to the Scandinavian or Northern European style flies because of my exposure here. I would add that the change has been for the better all around in that I enjoy making them and am catching more fish also.
That’s how it looks to me. Some of the techniques such as doubling a hackle, getting those super neat heads, usually takes time to get down? This is why fly tying forums are so good for learning imo.