Blocking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Junior fisher2001

Reaction score
How can i block other forum members from liking or disliking posts and is they any way to block a member from posting in a post/thread.And would this also block them from sending PMs? help is needed please.

Last edited:

Oscar

Reaction score
Hi,

The whole point of a (the) forum is to have open discussion on a range of topics. It wouldn't make sense to be selective on who posts in 'your' thread - this would be akin to those on Facebook who block people who don't agree with what they say!

If you have a problem with a particular member (which does happen) raise it with Admin and they will arbitrate on the situation accordingly.

Thanks,
Oscar.

Loxie

Reaction score
My advice would be to roll with it. If you are having a genuine drama with someone talk to admin or put them on your ignore list or both!

D

Deleted member 1812

Click on Settings (Top Right) and then Edit Ignore List. Add whoever it is you want to ignore.

D

Deleted member 21259

Blimey, what have I said this time?????????:lol:

Junior fisher2001

Reaction score
Cheers for that

Click on Settings (Top Right) and then Edit Ignore List. Add whoever it is you want to ignore.

Cheers for that,i knew i had seen some sort of way of blocking members,will that block them from Inboxing me or just block them from liking posts? or does it stop them from posting on threads/posts?

Heero

Reaction score
It doesn’t stop them from doing any of that. It just hides their posts when you’re viewing the forum.

It’s a public forum and you aren’t an admin or moderator this you have no authority to block any other member from doing anything nor should you have any such authority to do so.

Man up, kid.

Last edited:

NoviceFly

Reaction score
It doesn’t stop them from doing any of that. It just hides their posts when you’re viewing the forum.

It’s a public forum and you aren’t an admin or moderator this you have no authority to block any other member from doing anything nor should you have any such authority to do so.

Man up, kid.

Haha! Must admit I agree, its a salmon fishing forum, not all that serious to start excluding peoples opinions and posts...:cool::cool:

Big Ben

Reaction score
More than a "whiff" off this one.

But while there's moonlight and music and love and romance!!!!!!

fixedspool

Reaction score
My advice would be to roll with it. If you are having a genuine drama with someone talk to admin or put them on your ignore list or both!

And Loxie would certainly know all about this sort of thing.

Hardyreels

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
This question would have been better directed to Admin or to myself in a private fashion.

I'll be closing the thread now as it appears you have the answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.