Blackhead worms wanted

Sewinboy

Reaction score
They are damn hard to get. My favorite worm for sewin. Digging in ground with a lot of fallen leaves on, seems to be the most productive

ArchieL

Reaction score
Anyone selling blackheads
Please send me a pm

Cheers
Dave
Go out and get them , if you want the proper black heads then go out at night with a torch (Red Filter) and look at the edges of
paths and kirb edges that have grass or soil up to the edge. Black heads love to lie under concrete edges and come out of cracks in the tarmac or joints in the concrete edging at night if moist enough. On a moist or wet night i would normally get enough for a full days fishing in around the hour. Been years since i fished the worm mind you.

Wee Porters

Reaction score
Go out and get them , if you want the proper black heads then go out at night with a torch (Red Filter) and look at the edges of
paths and kirb edges that have grass or soil up to the edge. Black heads love to lie under concrete edges and come out of cracks in the tarmac or joints in the concrete edging at night if moist enough. On a moist or wet night i would normally get enough for a full days fishing in around the hour. Been years since i fished the worm mind you.

Good advice.:thumb:

Piker20

Reaction score
School carpark with crazy paving are good. I find the worms washed out after good downpours.
Mix some mustad into a watering can and they come out really quick from any short grass areas.

SEDGY

Reaction score
Now theirs a distant memory I’d forgotten all about...hunting lob worms at night with a red light 👍a reel art

Woodsy

Reaction score
Bloody hard to get and over rated imo. I worm when the water is dirty so a black head just doesn't cut it. Dull and lifeless

Instead I use large canadian lobs and a few roughed dendras at the bottom to avoid them slipping past shank. The lobs are bigger and the dendras are brighter. Works very well for me. Always a good stock in shops or online.

The only advantage I think blackheads have is they hold the hook very well, but so will dendras if roughed in good bedding

Hardydemon 86

Reaction score
Bloody hard to get and over rated imo. I worm when the water is dirty so a black head just doesn't cut it. Dull and lifeless

Instead I use large canadian lobs and a few roughed dendras at the bottom to avoid them slipping past shank. The lobs are bigger and the dendras are brighter. Works very well for me. Always a good stock in shops or online.

The only advantage I think blackheads have is they hold the hook very well, but so will dendras if roughed in good bedding

What sort of bedding do you use ? I always struggle with dendras