Black, chartreuse, yellow and pink - spring tube

DrPatrickT

Reaction score
A slight twist on some spring tubes with a splash of pink. These are on 20 mm T tubes.

Body: Mylar piping with flu brite green butt.
Wing: pink artic, yellow artic, green goat, black artic with midge and tinsel flash
Throat: yellow buck
Hackle: yellow hen
Jc: normal or orange

It shows me the picture is the right way up but it’s not!! Grrrrr SFF Photo stuff is NOT EASY

Tight lines, Patrick

7280E83F-C06E-488C-92D4-4113995D681B.jpeg

Last edited:

silver seeker

Reaction score
A slight twist on some spring tubes with a splash of pink. These are on 20 mm T tubes.

Body: Mylar piping with flu brite green butt.
Wing: pink artic, yellow artic, green goat, black artic with midge and tinsel flash
Throat: yellow buck
Hackle: yellow hen
Jc: normal or orange

It shows me the picture is the right way up but it’s not!! Grrrrr SFF Photo stuff is NOT EASY

Tight lines, Patrick

View attachment 42702
Lovely profile Patrick 👍

MCXFisher

Reaction score
Very pretty flies with very good black/yellow contrast that will work well in low underwater light levels. On that basis you'd better get them in the water sooner than later :)

Lamson v10

Reaction score
I really like the look of them Patrick I'll be copying them through the week :thumb: crackers sir :thumb:

Saint Andrews

Reaction score
Woohhhh Dr P I LOVE those!! Proper spring numbers sure to fool any Jerry that come across them! I'm deffo going to nick that pattern for April on the Ribble, tell you how I get on!

Rrrr

Reaction score
Pretty much a combination of everything i would look for in a spring fly including colours

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

DrPatrickT

Reaction score
Thanks All for your comments - not been tying much recently - and not got much fishing booked - but these might get a chance on the Tay.

I wish the Springers are enthusiastic as you Saint Andrews! :lol:

All the best,

Patrick

Rrrr

Reaction score
Very pretty flies with very good black/yellow contrast that will work well in low underwater light levels. On that basis you'd better get them in the water sooner than later :)
Mcx, have you ever experimented with pink as used in these flies in coloured water ? In a deep peat stain the pink seems to really shine through and i probably do better using pink than any other colour. Just wondering if it would show up to the salmon in the same way it does to us.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

bankwheel

Reaction score
Tied one up and gave it a swim last night before dark, looks really good in the water, really stands out

phil.b

Reaction score
Looks good Dr P I would prefer it with a gold or met red cone please,are you up on the Tay with Ade this year if so bring mine up with you;) ps hurry up

charlieH

Reaction score
This reminds me of a fly I saw many years ago. I can't remember the exact details, but it was basically a Garry Dog variant, with pink replacing the usual red bucktail. It's stuck in my mind mainly because of the name - the Rhubarb and Custard (after the sweet). I've never tied or fished one, but the guy who showed it to me reckoned it worked - it was intended for dirty water, I think.

Last edited:

DrPatrickT

Reaction score
Looks good Dr P I would prefer it with a gold or met red cone please,are you up on the Tay with Ade this year if so bring mine up with you;) ps hurry up
Lol - Cheers Phil. Yes - i'll be up on the Tay. I'll see what I can do :)

Hardyreels

Administrator
Reaction score

Tied that last one using all Cashmere Goat hair, the others are a mix of deer and fox.

DrPatrickT

Reaction score
Looking good Ard, like the two on the right where there is more of a pink burst. Also, cone head version i need to try. Wetted through they’ll have a nice profile. Tight lines Sir! (When are you over here BTW???)

Hardyreels

Administrator
Reaction score
Looking good Ard, like the two on the right where there is more of a pink burst. Also, cone head version i need to try. Wetted through they’ll have a nice profile. Tight lines Sir! (When are you over here BTW???)
Provided this current health issue (Coronavirus) plays itself out I'll arrive June 17th and hang around for a few weeks :)