Bit of a bargain!

SALMON RUSHDIE

Reaction score
The felt soles with studs are the best ones in my opinion I didn’t feel safe with the rubber soles Fife if you are on the bank

HMarquis

Reaction score
Thanks for this post I needed boots. Didnt have my size in the boa's at GAC but found them at Somers Aberdeen 👍 looks the business with the changeable soles!

PETEY

Reaction score
I'm a size 9 shoe and ordered a size 9 and they are perfect. Just the right amount of room.
It shows size 10 in your picture. You recommend size 9 for a size 9 shoe fitting / foot( I`ve read that these are quite large fitting boots size wise) . Just trying to clarify, thanks.

AlanT

Reaction score
It shows size 10 in your picture. You recommend size 9 for a size 9 shoe fitting / foot( I`ve read that these are quite large fitting boots size wise) . Just trying to clarify, thanks.
They're labelled in US terms, so US 10, UK 9 👍

If you zoom in on the bottom left soles you'll see it says '10', but underneath in smaller letters it says UK9

Stewart4wd

Reaction score
Well I couldn't pass that offer up so I've ordered a pair too. My current boots are still in pretty good nick but at that price these can stay in the garage until the current ones give up. I do like the idea of the changeable soles because even though I've had bad experiences with felt soles in the past and swore I wouldn't buy any more, there are definitely places I fish where they are better suited than anything else.
I'm a size 8-1/2 to 9 and I've ordered the size 9's so fingers crossed they're a good fit!

chriswjx

Reaction score
Curse you guys! Here I was sat reading through the forum, and now I'm desperately trying to stop myself ordering a pair... Think the order will go in once I get home though...

DonnieH

Reaction score
Thanks but don't need new boots; still got that little devil on my shoulder telling me to get them!

chriswjx

Reaction score
honestly neither did I,.. I have a pair of vision hopper boots I got a couple of months ago which are still brand new as I've not had a chance to get out with them yet... they're now either going to get sold or kept in case the missus decides she wants to get a set of waders for herself at some point...

Convinced myself cos I was really intrigued by the idea of changing soles without having to have different boots...

chriswjx

Reaction score
as in a size up from your usual wading boot? or size up from your usual shoes?

Guess I'll find out anyway when I get home haha, just got delivered

DonnieH

Reaction score
Hi Chris - They didn't state which to be honest. What's your view once you've tried them? Thanks Donnie

chriswjx

Reaction score
Hi Chris - They didn't state which to be honest. What's your view once you've tried them? Thanks Donnie
I'll be home around about 5:30, so will let you know then! (Honestly though real impressed with the delivery... Ordered it Monday night, dispatched yesterday, and delivered today... Looks like they're still coping somewhat despite lockdown)

DonnieH

Reaction score
For the guys who have already received their boots......are they as big and heavy as some of the reviewers state?

chriswjx

Reaction score
For the guys who have already received their boots......are they as big and heavy as some of the reviewers state?
Just tried them on. They're as fitting as my other wading boots (also marked as UK size 8), so I would recommend order a size up from whatever your trainers usually are (my trainers are normally a 7).

The soles are very reassuringly difficult to change, so can't see them slipping off by accident whilst wearing them.

Weight wise, I would say they are heavier than my vision boots, but this is probably to accommodate the change system and all the other fancy gubbins it apparently has...

Cos I'm a curious bugger, I stuck a boot of each on the scales. The vision hopper was 550g and the hodgmans were 780g. Much of that weight though feels like its at the toe of the boot, and when comparing the two, the hodgman has distinctly more rubber all around the toe compared to my other pair.

I will be curious to see how the felt soles hold up as they're glued on and you'll not be able to stitch em back on if they fall off...

westie4566

Reaction score
Just tried them on. They're as fitting as my other wading boots (also marked as UK size 8), so I would recommend order a size up from whatever your trainers usually are (my trainers are normally a 7).

The soles are very reassuringly difficult to change, so can't see them slipping off by accident whilst wearing them.

Weight wise, I would say they are heavier than my vision boots, but this is probably to accommodate the change system and all the other fancy gubbins it apparently has...

Cos I'm a curious bugger, I stuck a boot of each on the scales. The vision hopper was 550g and the hodgmans were 780g. Much of that weight though feels like its at the toe of the boot, and when comparing the two, the hodgman has distinctly more rubber all around the toe compared to my other pair.

I will be curious to see how the felt soles hold up as they're glued on and you'll not be able to stitch em back on if they fall off...
Just glue them back on if it happens? All I've ever done tbh.

Mind you we've all got 3 sets of felt soles so I reckon they'll see the boots out! 😂

chriswjx

Reaction score
Just glue them back on if it happens? All I've ever done tbh.

Mind you we've all got 3 sets of felt soles so I reckon they'll see the boots out! 😂
I accidentally hitted the studded option 😂 but in fairness I don't see my wearing felt for most of my fishing anyhow