Bit of a bargain!

westie4566

Reaction score
I love my Simms felt soled boots BUT because I have a funny foot size I found size 10 needed quite a few pairs of thick socks to get a good fit. Great for the first few months of the season but not so much for the rest as I do a lot of walking. So settled for a 9 which are fine but can lead to cold feet early doors.

Fast forward to yesterday morning, sitting on the throne perusing this months T+S. On the back cover was a clearance advert from GAC for Hodgeman. Low and behold the H5 wading boot with standard wadetech soles and three extra sets of soles thrown in. Wadetech +stud, plain felt and felt +studs. All for £125. Naturally I got straight online and ordered up a pair on size 10.

They arrived first thing this am. Plenty of room for extra socks so job done, boots look pretty well put together too.

Being a parsimonious (tight!!) Aberdonian I justified this to myself as my Simms will last much longer as they'll only be used roughly 2/3ds of the season and the new boots should do me quite a few seasons as they'll only be used Feb through April.

Rrrr

Reaction score
Recently got the hodgman h4 waders and they also look decent for the money with decent features.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

AlanT

Reaction score
Thats a great deal so I've just ordered a pair myself as my last pair packed in after 4yrs use.

I was in a tackleshop in the borders a couple of mths ago trying to buy a pair of Hodgman waders but they had very little sizes left. They said Hodgman were exiting the wader business as they had too many returns to make it viable! Maybe thats why the generous sale.

AlanT

Reaction score
Wading boots arrived. I have to say that's a lot of items for £125, a pair of boots and 5 sets of soles of different configurations, best bargain I've had for a few years.

If the boots last, I'll never run out of soles. The 3 sets of extra soles sell for £150 on their own

Ordered a pair for my son, doesn't fish much so should last him years.

20210115_140153.jpg

westie4566

Reaction score
Wading boots arrived. I have to say that's a lot of items for £125, a pair of boots and 5 sets of soles of different configurations, best bargain I've had for a few years.

If the boots last, I'll never run out of soles. The 3 sets of extra soles sell for £150 on their own

Ordered a pair for my son, doesn't fish much so should last him years.

View attachment 55428
I told another fishing pal about them and his also arrived today.

It's pretty good vfm when the original price for all of that kit was about £480!

westie4566

Reaction score
Could be interested in a pair, how exactly do the soles lock to the boot?
Through several points and grooves along the boot. Pop sole on at 90 degrees, turn to align with boot. There's a tab in front that locks over the upper edge of the boot sole and a locking button at the heel.

Let's just say they are reassuringly hard to unlock (y)

Lamson v10

Reaction score
Through several points and grooves along the boot. Pop sole on at 90 degrees, turn to align with boot. There's a tab in front that locks over the upper edge of the boot sole and a locking button at the heel.

Cheers for that andy 👍 any chance of a cpl a photo's night
I was going to get a pair of the new simms G4s but if these suit I'd put
the money saved to a new 13ft 6in I've got in mind 👍

AlanT

Reaction score

I'm impressed by the locking mechanism.

Kype King

Reaction score
Roll up, roll up - get your orders in! (At this rate I should be om commission from GAC :p 😂 )

Know a couple of folk with Hodgeman boots into a few, hard seasons on them, so fingers crossed these are as good.
They’re brilliant. Bought a pair the season before last and was so impressed that, when I saw this deal, I bought an extra pair for future (long term I hope!) use.

Lamson v10

Reaction score

SALMON RUSHDIE

Reaction score
Cheers for that andy 👍 they look a pretty decent made boot so I might just bite the bullet 😉.
A new rod has been ordered (also a new reel) and should have it by mid Feb 👍 I've not bought
new rod's for years so it's out wae the old an in wae the new, well apart from the 13ft mag 👍
Put a 480 rage on your mag and versileaders

westie4566

Reaction score
Andy they do look good value! What are they like size wise ie. for a size 9 foot do you order a size 9 or the next size up?
Andy they do look good value! What are they like size wise ie. for a size 9 foot do you order a size 9 or the next size up?
Hi Stewart, I'm just over and 8 1/2 but wanted something for early doors here to aid extra layers hence ordering a 10. they've been tried with waders and socks already ...good to go in a few weeks time.