Birthday Present To Cherish

keirstream

Reaction score
My daughter Jackie commisioned this portrait for my birthday pressie this week. How cool is that?
?
?
Taken from a photo this summer when we climbed Conic Hill, I am seen looking over the very distinct Highland Fault Line running through Loch Lomond. Eagle eyed folk will see the characteristic signature mark of the artist, Laura Gill from Dunblane, which is a wee mouse peeping out from a clump of grass. To say I'm chuffed is an extreme understatement. Thanks ever so much Jackie, what a brilliant and loving thought. xx
ConicHill.jpg

Lamson v10

Reaction score
Stunning portrait keirstream ? I'm looking for someone to do a portrait of my talla and nuala for the tying room wall, would she do that sort of portrait?

Rennie

Reaction score
You lucky sod!, thats nowt short of amazing.Absolutely stunning and what a thought.!
Pedro.

Last edited:

keirstream

Reaction score
Stunning portrait keirstream ? I'm looking for someone to do a portrait of my talla and nuala for the tying room wall, would she do that sort of portrait?

Sure thing Lamson.
Contact details on Facebook at
If you don't do F.B. let me now and I'll give you contact details.
Tom.

keirstream

Reaction score
Did you get a helicopter up ? ??

Try and keep up with me if you like B.:D
Tom Weir climbed all over the world including an ascent of Everest but that was his favourite hill.
No wonder when you experience the views from the summit.
Nothing short of breathtaking.(y)(y)

Lamson v10

Reaction score
Sure thing Lamson.
Contact details on Facebook at
If you don't do F.B. let me now and I'll give you contact details.
Tom.

Very much appreciated sir ?? I don't but the wee woman does so ill have a look tomorrow evening ??

Andrew B

Reaction score
My daughter Jackie commisioned this portrait for my birthday pressie this week. How cool is that?
?
?
Taken from a photo this summer when we climbed Conic Hill, I am seen looking over the very distinct Highland Fault Line running through Loch Lomond. Eagle eyed folk will see the characteristic signature mark of the artist, Laura Gill from Dunblane, which is a wee mouse peeping out from a clump of grass. To say I'm chuffed is an extreme understatement. Thanks ever so much Jackie, what a brilliant and loving thought. xx View attachment 51614
Thought we were looking at the photograph at first lol. How many times have I heard that Birthdays and Xmas is more for the children nowadays? Faith restored on seeing this as clearly a lot of love and thought went into this. I dare say this gift was a real example of the happiness in giving, than receiving.

Andrew B

Reaction score
That's what birthday gifts should be about! That's a cracker sir. Very jealous.
Hey couldn’t agree more mate. How long was this marvellous present in the planning as oppose to last minute six pack of socks lol? A moment captured in time like this is something that will never fade or get forgotten about over the years.

keirstream

Reaction score
Thought we were looking at the photograph at first lol. How many times have I heard that Birthdays and Xmas is more for the children nowadays? Faith restored on seeing this as clearly a lot of love and thought went into this. I dare say this gift was a real example of the happiness in giving, than receiving.

Agreed. It means so much to me.:)
I was with James Chalmers today and over a cup of tea and a Tunnocks Teacake followed by a Tunnocks Coconut Snowball (that's what I had, James finished the boxes to sate the desire in his sweet tooth) he told me amidst a flurry of coconut and wee bits of chocolate, that he also thought it was a photograph at first. It was so like like, he said, that he could tell I needed a shave.:D:D
He said it beat hands down the ould socks and slippers.
And, no, I didn't get an Equalizer as a present from him, tight sod.:(

Andrew B

Reaction score
Agreed. It means so much to me.:)
I was with James Chalmers today and over a cup of tea and a Tunnocks Teacake followed by a Tunnocks Coconut Snowball (that's what I had, James finished the boxes to sate the desire in his sweet tooth) he told me amidst a flurry of coconut and wee bits of chocolate, that he also thought it was a photograph at first. It was so like like, he said, that he could tell I needed a shave.:D:D
He said it beat hands down the ould socks and slippers.
And, no, I didn't get an Equalizer as a present from him, tight sod.:(
Lol great minds think alike.

ArchieL

Reaction score
Stunning and i bet you you cannot keep your eyes off it ? I have always wanted a picture of myself fishing one of my favourite pools done in exactly the same style as yours. By the time Spring comes there will be a bare patch in your carpet just under the picture :)