Bird Eating Fish !!

luney

Reaction score
Incredible footage again by Auntie. Never tire of watching these documentaries. They must go like stink on a fly rod!!!

Rrrr

Reaction score
Im like a kid at xmas waiting for this to start. Seen that picture a week or so back and wonderd how long that took to get.
Gt fishing from the shore in oman is on my bucket list after seing it on a youtube video with a guys big daiwa saltiga dogfight reel almost gettin spooled by one of these monsters.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

charlieH

Reaction score
Incredible footage again by Auntie. Never tire of watching these documentaries. They must go like stink on a fly rod!!!

Yes, GTs are very much sought after on fly tackle; a friend of mine has fished for them quite a lot. This is apparently a good book on the subject:

GT: A Flyfisher's Guide to Giant Trevally: Amazon.co.uk: Peter McLeod: 9781910723333: Books

I've posted this before, but here's one guy's way of 'matching the hatch' when they're feeding on tern chicks:

Farquhar Bird Fly - YouTube

Mickyo

Reaction score
I've seen these flying fish when I was in the navy, quite an amazing site. I wasn't aware they were hunted from above and below ........Thanks for the post

Mick

sneakypeter

Reaction score
WOW, some amazing film, not just the airborne GT,s, but the whole program, looking forward to the rest of the series, with the voice of Sir David, assured and undoubtedly knowledgable, and passionate, another winner!
peter

ozzyian

Reaction score
TBH I'm quite surprised he had the nerve to revisit polar bears after the last time he got caught making out the film wasn't from Chester Zoo (or somewhere):):)

Other than that, brilliant - as usual. The GTs were amazing. Wish I'd kept some of the first flies i tied, they'd be about right in bulk.

Sawyer

Reaction score
The GT on a recycled flip flop, amazing can you imagine the looks in the lodge when you turned up in the lodge with that fly!

Reverse the situation & maybe we could use lifelike "fish" lures to catch Cormorants, Mergansers & the like, not on a C&R basis though.