Big bird by the sea side

billy fish

Reaction score
This one turned up the other day well below cliff level .
CAF075A4-4C31-44F2-BCBA-DE1DBA0F46DC.jpeg
6DAD116F-3601-4717-8C43-0B27DE49BD09.jpeg

Rrrr

Reaction score
Cant post videos on here but was fishing a couple of weeks back and had a military transport plane come belting down the valley really low.
Just managed to get my phone out in time and got a video.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Andrew B

Reaction score
Could tell that had to be the Jurassic coast. Had some beautiful holidays down there. Fishing the Otter at Budlegh.

glenclova

Reaction score
Reminds me of the days when I used to fish the Eden at Lazonby and the Tornado's would fly up the gorge at warp speed whatever!
Similar experiences a number of years ago fishing KAC water on the South Esk when jets would appear out of nowhere at very low levels scaring the s*** out of me.

billy fish

Reaction score
When fishing the Lochy jets would suddenly appear at low level and have the same effect. Awkward moment in chesties .
I think they were from Lossiemouth ?

Hardyreels

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Couple years ago I was working outside at our cabin when I heard one hell of a roar coming up the lake. This place is out in Interior Alaska 75 miles from anywhere and plenty of jets do dog fight training out there in the skies over nowhere but ............ This was a roar and when I looked to the lake a very large C130 Hercules had swooped down and traversed the lake from the south to the north end at perhaps 50 feet off the deck. So low that the air displacement caused a wake on the water.

At the north end some 2 miles away it just pulled up and climbed to several thousand feet as it disappeared. Surprised me actually to see such a big aircraft so low. Plenty of Cessna, Piper, and De Haviland planes out in the bush but few transports.

Rrrr

Reaction score
We had those osprey aircraft heading down the valley last month too and those things are stuidly loud.
No idea what they were up to but im guessing big exercises on otterburn ranges at the top of the valley.
Also some jets flying about after dark but not loud enough to be at low level.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

tenet

Reaction score
If you fish Farmoor reservoir near Oxford you get a succession of those birds all day long going in and out of Brize Norton. You also get a number of Red Kites circling over the water and surrounding hills.

tenet

Reaction score
Back in the 70's I was fishing Rutland water when a Vulcan bomber came into view at a low altitude over the water. It then lit it's after burners and went into a near vertical climb and the noise was incredible - I'm sure my entrails vibrated. Certainly an amazing sight that will stay with me forever.

Walleye

Reaction score
I had two instances when I was much younger...
Derwent reservoir in the boat and a fighter plane came down the reservoir toward the dam, dambusters style, very low. This huge thing appeared very low above me which was bad enough then half a second later the sound hit. Bloody hell.
Then fishing the Wear under a railway bridge, a couple of years later when I was about 15, when two fighters came down the valley and decided to practise diving toward the bridge I was fishing under. Not ashamed to say I made a very hasty exit.