Best number lines greys x-flite

GARZA

Reaction score
Hi all from Spain.

I m looking for a shooting head kit fot my Greys x-flite 15´ line 10, and I don´t know if is the line 9-10 or 10-11 the best for it.
I need some help please.

Thank you!

wormo

Reaction score
Hi all from Spain.

I m looking for a shooting head kit fot my Greys x-flite 15´ line 10, and I don´t know if is the line 9-10 or 10-11 the best for it.
I need some help please.

Thank you!

10 rated but would defo get a shooting head that is in the region of 44g
the mackenzie 44g head goes well on it, just got a snowbee xs multi 44g floating and it would probably suit too, on offer the now on the snowbee online shop around £20 so a good buy rether than shelling out if you are not sure.
hope this helps.
craig :)

GARZA

Reaction score
Thank you for the answer, I was looking the rio AFS shooting head 10-11,
Do you think that the makenzie or Snowbee are better than the rio.

Tight lines

wormo

Reaction score
Thank you for the answer, I was looking the rio AFS shooting head 10-11,
Do you think that the makenzie or Snowbee are better than the rio.

Tight lines

i unfortunately has no knowledge of the afs but if its anything like the windcutter then its a bit light compared to its rating.
i would go for the mackenzie, the one i had was the integrated one with the running line attached, saves joining it if u have never done it b4.
i've used this on the x flight and it was good imo
it's round about £64 for the integrated and £44 for the head.
cheers craig.

GARZA

Reaction score
Thank youvery much Greig,

I´m surely going to buy the mackenzie.

Tight lines.

Carlos Garza

porteouz

Reaction score
I have the 10/11 AFS on my 15 10# x-flite and i think wormo could be right. I've only had it out twice and while it does go out nicely Im not sure it loads the rod as well as it could do but, and its a big but, that could just be me as I'm not a brilliant caster and have only used my 15 footer a handful of times.

As said on here many times before I wouldnt bother with the AFS in anything more than a slow sink either as it does struggle to turn over with bigger flies.

MikeCC

Reaction score
Cant speak for the 15' but I used the 16' x-flite with Rio AFS Outbound 10/11 with 10' versileader and it went perfectly well. The 16' is rated for an 11. I found the 16' quite versatile line wise. The Mackenzie G2 SH in 42 gram 9/10 is a lovely line. I find the 44 gram a bit heavy for some 15' er's.