Best line / leader set up for the Stealth 13 ft 8/9/10

PETEY

Reaction score
This is an open question to those anglers who have experience of this rod. What is the best line, leader and tippet set up for this rod? Obviously this will vary according to types / depths of fishing , casting ability etc... but I would like to get an idea of what others think " works " with this rod.

rs2ford

Reaction score
I think it works best with short Scandi heads like, the Airflo Scandi 540g, Rage 540/570 with 10ft tips or Skagit Compact 630g with 15ft tips. Works well with many others but these 3 are my own favourites.

Cheers Diarmid.

Last edited:

paddymc

Reaction score
38g AFS, 10' Airflo poly plus 5' or 6' of leader does the job for me.

Charisma

Reaction score
Line set up

I just bought the 13ft #8/9/10 century stealth and wonder if anyone has used the new Rio scandi lines on it and if so what set up worked best for them?

(Smolt)

Reaction score
Try any 8/9/10 line on it, she'll go a treat!;):p

That wasn't very helpful, there will be some better advise along shortly.:)

On another note I cast one of these recently and I found it to be a powerhouse of a rod, more steel than a foundry. A real workhorse!:D

rs2ford

Reaction score
It's a fantastic little rod, in addition to the lines I mentioned above I have recently used a 37g zspey fusion compact and a gaelforce equaliser integrated shooting head 39g both of which are great on it. My overall favourite is still the airflo Scandi compact 540g, such a sweet combination!
A very versatile rod that likes a variety of lines.

Cheers Diarmid.

MikeCC

Reaction score
I had some fun with the rod today and to my surprise it was whacking out a Rio Scandi 10/11 (640 grain/42.5 gram) floater like there was no tomorrow. I also had 10 ft of extra fast sink poly on the end and a small copper tube. It really was effortless and I genuinely think it wouldve taken a heavier line still.

I say all this as im actually not one who likes a heavy shooting head, if anything I prefer my lines at the lighter end of the scale. The rod however to my great surprise was perfectly happy with the heavier line and just seemed to want more.

Paul White

Reaction score
I believe Springer was the main designer of this rod so I'm not surprised heavier lines go well on it. I have a NRX 13' #8/9 and he recommended a 38g line for that too and it is amazing.

Sounds like a nice rod:D

Paul

umber

Reaction score
I too prefer it with a heavier line, Rio AFS 10/11 makes casting very easy.
It's replaced my longer rods for heavier line fishing, although thats not what i originally bought it for.
Tried it at first with a AFS 8/9 and thought I'd made a mistake, but with the heavier line it's effortless.