Best Lightweight packable wading jacket

Dr Eigg

Reaction score
Hi, I cant find a related post so could does anyone have any information on what might be the best choices for a lightweight wading jacket that I can pack away on a warm day and just bring out when needed?

Thanks in advance

MarkR

Reaction score
I have a cracking one by Snowbie that I have had a few years now. If still available I would highly recommend .

Pompero

Reaction score
Loop Rautas/Gielas or Patagonia Minimalist. They just have the main functions and are very light/packable.

Night Hawk

Reaction score
I bought a Loop Rautas jacket just before lockdown and haven't had the opportunity to test it yet. It appears to be well made and was just what I was looking for in a lightweight, packable jacket. It's marketed as a hiking jacket but it's so light it can be tucked under and secured with the hem cord when wading. The most important aspect for me was the breathability and the spec says it breathes as good as Loop's Lainio, which was their top of the range, heavier jacket. Not cheap even at the sale price, but as they say, you pays you money etc.
The Rautas is currently on sale at the FFC here:
Here's a review of the jacket:
Hope this helps.
Regards
NH

Dr Eigg

Reaction score
I use the Patagonia Minimalist. Works well for me and packs away nicely into the back pocket of my hybrid pack vest.
Thanks for all the replies. I went for Patagonia Minimalist....because I found what I thought was a good deal. I will update on my findings.

hackler

Reaction score
I bought an Orvis packable last season and have been very impressed. John Norris had them on offer recently, may still be I guess.

Dr Eigg

Reaction score
I bought an Orvis packable last season and have been very impressed. John Norris had them on offer recently, may still be I guess.
I might have missed a trick here....Orvis doing Encounter jacket for £79 and it has great reviews...

hackler

Reaction score
Yes, the Encounter is the jacket I bought. I paid the full price for mine and still think it was a good buy.