best brown trout fishing

jambo

Reaction score
hi guys next season i am going to fish alot for wild brownies can anyone reccomend the best beats // rivers to fish for them i usually fish at kenmore or stanley for brownies .all info is helpfull and i would be gratefull for the extensive experiance of the forum members.

mcminnow

Reaction score
A mate who works at Aberdeen airport also told me the Don has top class brown trout fishing.

RUSH

Reaction score
You could do worse than the clyde a lot of good fishing on it and the Annan has some big browns as well

cowsmart

Reaction score
and remember..An 11' spinning rod,18lb line and a red flying 'C' apparently does not quantify trout fishing.....Annan/Kinnel have some big Brownies as its catch and release...they are almost like carp, having their own names :)

RiverAnnan

Reaction score
hi guys next season i am going to fish alot for wild brownies can anyone reccomend the best beats // rivers to fish for them i usually fish at kenmore or stanley for brownies .all info is helpfull and i would be gratefull for the extensive experiance of the forum members.

check out www.fishannan.co.uk brown trout over 5lb are no fairly common on much of the upper and middle Annan and much of it is sight fishing

Newly From The Sea

Reaction score
Yes, the Annan is a lovely river with some fine brown trout.

In my younger days I used to fish the Tweed upstream of galashiels to stobo and the fishing was really sublime with enormous hatches of flies generally ,and late of an evening I have seen vast clouds of blue winged olives with trout rising everywhere

I would not mind hearing from some of the Tweed boys to tell me how things are now.

My own river the Eden has some wonderful trout fishing and a good starting point would be the Penrith angling association.

bkupris

Reaction score
Very old thread but... I am looking for a day or two after the brownies on the Don first week of May this year. What is the best beat? ;)