Bernard Jordan!

Paul White

Reaction score
Perhaps we should be honouring people like Bernard Jordan in the New Year's honours rather than some of the so called "celebrities"?

His journey to the beaches last year was typically British. He was going to to get there come what may, and I think he should have been honoured for showing what it means to be British!!

Paul

Grassy_Knollington

Reaction score
I have!!

Paul
Well done!

I don't think most people realises that anybody can nominate anyone else who they feel may deserve an award in line with the criteria etc. It's quite involved but straight forward as I'm sure you'll agree.

Mr Jordan had a good innings and was obviously a man of great character.

Elibank

Reaction score
Perhaps we should be honouring people like Bernard Jordan in the New Year's honours rather than some of the so called "celebrities"?

His journey to the beaches last year was typically British. He was going to to get there come what may, and I think he should have been honoured for showing what it means to be British!!

Paul
I just have this image of Dame Joan Collins trying to get to Normandy without a Rolls and private jet

Springer

Reaction score
Now if you lot nominated me for a Knighthood that would be cool, Sir Springer, its got a bit of a ring to it. :eek:

RIP Bernard, you did yourself and the country proud :cool:

beanieboy

Reaction score
Watched footage of Bernard being interviewed after his 'trip!', what a lovely man. When one hears of what went down in Paris yesterday and thinks of the absolute scum responsible, it's folk like Bernard who make you realise that for every scumbag there are many more decent folk doing extraordinary things every day in their own modest ways. RIP Bernard.

Paul White

Reaction score
Now if you lot nominated me for a Knighthood that would be cool, Sir Springer, its got a bit of a ring to it. :eek:

RIP Bernard, you did yourself and the country proud :cool:
Might get you muddled up with another "Sir Alan" with a surname beginning with "S"........ Sir Alan Sugar!

"You got that single spey D-Loop wrong.....you're Fired!!"

Paul

Paul

Elibank

Reaction score
BBC has just announced that Bernard's widow passed away today, just days after her husband.

R.I.P.

Paul White

Reaction score
BBC has just announced that Bernard's widow passed away today, just days after her husband.

R.I.P.
RIP indeed, this happens so often!

My mother was never the same after my dad passed away, both in early 90's. She pined for him for nearly 2 years!!

Paul

Safranfoer

Reaction score

R.I.P.
I just saw that. Very very sad. But I suppose when you've been together for over 50 years, losing your other half must be particularly devastating.

I hope they're sleeping well, together.