Bent handle

RUSH

Reaction score
Loving home ???. Must be the most overworked abused little rod with all the fish it has caught, bet it's glad the season is over :p :p

???? hopefully the 11ft 6 I got will take a bit of the strain off it John ? I’m already looking forward to getting out with it

Lennox Rod

Reaction score
Hi Rod congratulations on your new Zpey the Instincts are without doubt one of the best rods Zpey ever produced stick to the 35g Scandi head weight and you won’t go far wrong.
I own four Zpeys and can definitely recommend them - wee bit of practice to familiarise yourself with the handle and that’s you sorted ?

rotenone

Reaction score
The blanks are excellent on all the rods by Salmologic and Zpey, that's the reason they sell imho, people enjoy the casting action, and the lines they sell match the rods and it seems to make sense to them when they have often been used to mis matched rods and lines, for out and shooting head rods they are one of the best, but they are lacking as all round salmon rods imho.
If you use the straight handle you will like them just as much as you would using the bent version.

The shape of the newer lower handle on the salmologic is an improvement, it provides good grip but adds no real world casting advantages over the straight version. However its very comfortable to hold.

I own 3 logic rods use them with the straight handle, they are nice light rods, but lack the versatility of a Scottish stye spey casting rod, they are aimed at light and delicate fishing which they excel, but like all fast hyperbolic actions they are one trick ponies

Lennox Rod

Reaction score
Absolutely Rotanone every Rod is a compromise when used outside its particular comfort zone.