BBC news manipulation?

goosander

Reaction score
Gave up on the B.B.C.s impartially when the Scottish independency debate was on. Jacky Bird was interviewing Alistair Darling and he had 18 minutes of interrupted time. Next she interviewed Alex Salmond and he got 6 minutes time with no chance to answer a question.
Bob.

D

Deleted member 21259

Have you ever listened to Nihal on 5 Live? Any day, take your pick!

Nihal Arthanayake is a former Radio 1 dj, was never and is still not known for skill with forensic political analysis. He seems more at home discussing recipes for Eggs Benedict or what happened on last nights episode of Eastenders. If you don't mind me noting you are being extremely selective in your Five Live presenter to try shore up a rather weak argument. If you look at some of the other presents such as Nicky Campbell, Rachel Burden, Emma Barnett Adrian Chiles they impartially interrogate whoever they are interviewing. They certainly do not give the interviewee a very easy time but to suggest political bias is quite frankly laughable. Emma Barnett in particular cops for quite a lot of flak for her sometimes aggressive interview style. The thing is though she only adopts this stance when Bozo's next stooge gets wheeled out to defend something which quite frankly is plainly indefensible and then they refuse to answer straight questions.

salarchaser

Reaction score
Nihal Arthanayake is a former Radio 1 dj, was never and is still not known for skill with forensic political analysis. He seems more at home discussing recipes for Eggs Benedict or what happened on last nights episode of Eastenders. If you don't mind me noting you are being extremely selective in your Five Live presenter to try shore up a rather weak argument. If you look at some of the other presents such as Nicky Campbell, Rachel Burden, Emma Barnett Adrian Chiles they impartially interrogate whoever they are interviewing. They certainly do not give the interviewee a very easy time but to suggest political bias is quite frankly laughable. Emma Barnett in particular cops for quite a lot of flak for her sometimes aggressive interview style. The thing is though she only adopts this stance when Bozo's next stooge gets wheeled out to defend something which quite frankly is plainly indefensible and then they refuse to answer straight questions.
I miss Peter Allen from Radio 5.

My favourite interview by him was when he asked a politician the same question 3 or 4 times wanting a yes or no answer. After repeated waffling answers he said he would ask the question one more time stating that if the answer wasnt yes or no he'd assume the answer was no and terminate the call. Three words in to another waffle, the call was terminated and Peter announced that the answer was no.
Classic.

Roag Fisher

Reaction score
I think the way the Middle East conflict (there is only really one) is reported is a good example of how the BBC feeds us a chosen narrative.
Syria being the prime example. Vile dictator vs moderate rebels (headchoppers like ISIS and Al Quaida ably supported by Turkey).
No serious attempt to criticise Erdogan for fanning the flames of conflict all over the region.
Does anyone know why Erdogan appears to be beyond reproach?
eg, openly supporting ISIS.

Paul White

Reaction score
If you're right wing the BBC is Left and if you're left wing the BBC is Right, you do the okey cokey and you turn around, that's what it's all about!!

We have 3 BBC employees in our village and they are undoubtedly Left........nice people though!(y);););)

goosander

Reaction score
Turning point for me was when the fired Clarkson from Top Gear after he chinned his producer p1ssed because he couldn't get a steak...... appalling behaviour from the BBC.... on principle I'll never watch/listen/read them again,.. :)
When I was working I would have fired any of my men who lifted a hand against me or anyone else.
Bob.

bassfly

Reaction score
Great practice for SBS.
All out on bail and being taken care of.
Meanwhile three more attacks on the French.