BBC news manipulation?

Ypres

Reaction score
Surprised how little coverage the BBC gave to the successful SBS action against the terrorist high jacking of a tanker the other day. There was nothing on the 6pm news on Monday night and apart from links to newspaper reports nothing on the BBC news on my iPlayer. Story killed off very quickly. Perhaps a British success story does not fit their agenda.
Len

Isisalar

Reaction score
There's far more serious and important news the BBC refuse to publish along with the rest of the legacy media. You could fill a couple of pages with examples.
There's some particularly nasty stuff related to one of the American presidential candidates at the moment. I'd be very surprised if the BBC have even mentioned it.
Should be worldwide headlines.

MCXFisher

Reaction score
Carbisdale Caster is entirely correct. There are national security concerns that diminish the story's value (e.g. networks being requested not to film or broadcast the heliborne assault - you don't want to show your tactics to the world; legal exclusion zones around the ship; interview embargo on the crew and service personnel etc). In addition, as the stowaways weren't armed, that didn't leave much excitement to talk about. It was a 5 minute wonder non-story that provided a minor distraction amidst the ongoing gloom of Covid.

The MV Nisha was much more fun as the ship was moving at the time in international waters. However, serious security management lessons were learned from the media interest.

charlieH

Reaction score
My understanding was that they weren't terrorists, just stowaways, and although they threatened the ship's crew with violence, there was no attempt to hijack the vessel. So maybe it's just not as big or dramatic a story as all that.

Tangled

Reaction score
It was top news on Radio 4 all day and there was a feature on it too the day after.

it quickly turned from a huge terrorism incident to a nothing much happened, well done our boys incident.
Back to covid.

MCXFisher

Reaction score
My understanding was that they weren't terrorists, just stowaways, and although they threatened the ship's crew with violence, there was no attempt to hijack the vessel. So maybe it's just not as big or dramatic a story as all that.

Absolutely correct.

D

Deleted member 21259

Perhaps not such a big story. Big enough though to whip the BBC across the a55 with. I mean come on now. We just love sniping at the BBC don't we? They are so biased it makes my eyes pop out of my head and makes my teeth go curly. It is a far more reasonable prospect to get your news from some weird ultra right wing conspiracy theorist obsessive. All of these poor deranged types offer is pure good old fashioned bile drizzled with a littke bit of healthy poison. Now that never killed anyone did it? My old mate Lucrezia Borgia told me so it must be OK ?

Safranfoer

Reaction score
The BBC is the new EU. “Everything that’s rubbish about my life is the EU’s fault.” “Everything rubbish about the news at the moment is the BBC’s fault.”

Swear to god if this baseless carping gets Radio 4, 6Music, BBC Bitesize and David Attenborough taken off us, there’ll be a revolution. Middle class mums with pitchforks. Can we just not, please?

greenlaner2009

Reaction score
The BBC is the new EU. “Everything that’s rubbish about my life is the EU’s fault.” “Everything rubbish about the news at the moment is the BBC’s fault.”

Swear to god if this baseless carping gets Radio 4, 6Music, BBC Bitesize and David Attenborough taken off us, there’ll be a revolution. Middle class mums with pitchforks. Can we just not, please?
defund the bbc, let those who want to watch it pay for it.

Oscar

Reaction score

It is ridiculously one sided (left leaning) and I’m afraid that just can’t be denied by a review of the way they report some of the more divisive or political issues.

Or maybe they just employ left learners which makes the organisation inherently that way.

Oscar.

ibm59

Reaction score
It is ridiculously one sided (left leaning) and I’m afraid that just can’t be denied by a review of the way they report some of the more divisive or political issues.

Or maybe they just employ left learners which makes the organisation inherently that way.

Oscar.
Left left left

You , and many others , just can’t help yourselves. ????

Safranfoer

Reaction score
Lefties think that Laura Kuennsberg gives the government a ridiculously easy time. They frequently called for her to be sacked, and are often vile to her on Twitter. She’s the political editor. There’s no bias. Or rather, there’s no political bias. Plenty of human biases are at play... You only notice the bits that you disagreed with/the bits that confirm your view/the bits that you powerfully respond to. A combination of confirmation bias, negative bias and salience bias.

happy days

Reaction score

Oscar.
Give me an example of a left leaning report by the BBC

Oscar

Reaction score
Left left left

You , and many others , just can’t help yourselves. ????

To be fair, I held off for a day or 2!

Bizarrely, I did that political wheel thing the other day and am apparently slightly on the left myself...

happy days

Reaction score
Have you ever listened to Nihal on 5 Live? Any day, take your pick!
No I've never heard it or of it, can you give me an example in the mainstream national news like the 6pm or 10pm tv broadcast where they have given a left leaning report on any issue ?

FaughanPurple

Reaction score

Oscar.
The BBC or any MSM or even the majority of the written press does lean 1 way but it's certainly not far left or even centre of left for that matter.

To see what way a nation's press leans you generally look to people who owns or runs the organisations and the governments they tell you to elect.

When's the last left leaning government elected in Britain. No Blair doesn't count.

As for the OP. The SAS didn't exist to after the Irainan Embassy siege and the report I saw at tge time as it was a live story didn't mention a unit involved. Which why you knew it was the SBS. They tend to try and avoid the coverage.

happy days

Reaction score
The good old British Brainwashing Corporation is supposed to be a publicly funded unbiased source of information, that it certainly is not, neither does it support the left in this country.

I personally refuse to fund it and they can carry me off in irons before I would give Lineker or any of the other nepotistic troughers one pence :)

ashley

Reaction score
Lefties think that Laura Kuennsberg gives the government a ridiculously easy time. They frequently called for her to be sacked, and are often vile to her on Twitter. She’s the political editor. There’s no bias. Or rather, there’s no political bias. Plenty of human biases are at play... You only notice the bits that you disagreed with/the bits that confirm your view/the bits that you powerfully respond to. A combination of confirmation bias, negative bias and salience bias.
Come on, you can't say the BBC isn't biased. They are left wing through and through. The sooner they have to pay their way the better. I stopped paying for a licence 12 years ago, don't support the pro-peado corporation...... and yeah, they all knew what saville was about and they all turned a blind eye. To be honest i don't trust any of the MSM, they have an agenda and they won't waver off it......to me they are one
the biggest problems of our time...