Bann special conehead

Greys007

Reaction score
IMG_20210111_162906461.jpg

westie4566

Reaction score
Thank you. The Bann with the hot orange cone fishes very well on the river mourne
Sorry for my ignorance here, never fished in Ireland. Does the Mourne run quite peaty? just I fancied tying a few of those for our wee spate river that can be quiet dark when running off.

TIA

Greys007

Reaction score

Sorry for my ignorance here, never fished in Ireland. Does the Mourne run quite peaty? just I fancied tying a few of those for our wee spate river that can be quiet dark when running off.

Yes it does mate. It shows up well in the peaty water. Most of the rivers I fish are spate rivers and we fish those brighter flies

jimmythefish

Reaction score
The bann special has lifted literally,THOUSANDS of fish,and these are two brilliant examples of how deadly it can be,not only on spate waters ,but nearly on all types of waters,I took my first fish from the AGIVEY RIVER, just outside the village of garvagh on a bann special tied on a size 10 treble when I lived over by, seen the same fly take fish in central Scotland on the black cart river,it JUST WORKS,wherever it’s used,gave one too auld tam ,oh many years back,and we have a signal ,where when one of us tightens up,raise your arm,and the other will come with the net,if we can’t do a water release. I’d only gave him the flea 10 minutes before too,and I’ll tell ye,if tam says “boy that’s a great wee flea that “ you can be assured it’s a first go to fly in your box,by the way ,I see he never offered to return it efter our session,but that’s alright,he’s done the same for me over the last 50 year 😃😃😃

Greys007

Reaction score
The bann special has lifted literally,THOUSANDS of fish,and these are two brilliant examples of how deadly it can be,not only on spate waters ,but nearly on all types of waters,I took my first fish from the AGIVEY RIVER, just outside the village of garvagh on a bann special tied on a size 10 treble when I lived over by, seen the same fly take fish in central Scotland on the black cart river,it JUST WORKS,wherever it’s used,gave one too auld tam ,oh many years back,and we have a signal ,where when one of us tightens up,raise your arm,and the other will come with the net,if we can’t do a water release. I’d only gave him the flea 10 minutes before too,and I’ll tell ye,if tam says “boy that’s a great wee flea that “ you can be assured it’s a first go to fly in your box,by the way ,I see he never offered to return it efter our session,but that’s alright,he’s done the same for me over the last 50 year 😃😃😃
Yeah it's one of favorite shrimp flies

Greys007

Reaction score
Good tying like the bright short cone there will be a lot of copies made thanks for posting
Thank you. It seems to be popular with the guys on the forum. The hot orange cone definitely makes a difference compared to a black cone

Last edited: