Ballbearing swivels

ghilliejim

Reaction score
Has anyone an opinion on Wickhams Ball Bearing Swivels (the ones with the welded eyes) I have a few packets languishing in my tackle box.

Rrrr

Reaction score
Has anyone an opinion on Wickhams Ball Bearing Swivels (the ones with the welded eyes) I have a few packets languishing in my tackle box.
Ive got some and not sure what to make of them. They dont feel overly smooth and they were really cheap on ebay. Going to stick some 20lb line through a couple them and see if i can break them before using them.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

largy2001

Reaction score
Ive got some and not sure what to make of them. They dont feel overly smooth and they were really cheap on ebay. Going to stick some 20lb line through a couple them and see if i can break them before using them.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Did you try these wickhams swivels out mate. I’ve got a few because I couldn’t get hold of the sharpes bb swivels and i’m the same i’m not sure what to make of them. cheers

Rrrr

Reaction score
Did you try these wickhams swivels out mate. I’ve got a few because I couldn’t get hold of the sharpes bb swivels and i’m the same i’m not sure what to make of them. cheers
Not great to be honest,think i binned them. Spintec sell decent ball bearing swivels.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Rrrr

Reaction score
I've used them quite a lot after I got a pack of the dodgy Sharpes ones. Not had any problems.
Aye, ive had bad sharpes in the last year or so.

Pollowick

Reaction score
Maybe I should start selling some of the original George Middleton ones - around 500 of them sitting here.

Rrrr

Reaction score
Maybe I should start selling some of the original George Middleton ones - around 500 of them sitting here.
Ive still got a stash of the old propper ones. Using braid these days so lucky if i loose 1 or 2 a season so they will last ages.

sneakypeter

Reaction score
Another vote for the Spin tec BB swivels, work aswell as any when needed. Using flying C/ Mepps I don,t use any swivels, braid mainline, a rod length of 20lb fluoro leader, tied direct to the lure, no issues at all, some friends who spin a lot more than I do, use this set up too without any twisting issues. Interesting, but do not try it with mono mainline, guaranteed line twist, must be all to do with the stretch in the mono and fixed spool reels!!!!!