Aventik Rod Blanks

chriswjx

Reaction score
Morning Folks,

I mind a couple of fellas on here were saying they were going to try out these rods/blanks? How have you guys gotten on with them?

Cheers,
Chris

goodwin8288

Reaction score
I have a 10ft switch rod ready made by them and its a good rod the reel seat is not too good but the blank i would say is very good its a 5/6 switch and it casts a 340grain switch line well!! if that helps and its been tested with a good few fish up to 6lb!!

DC

Reaction score
I took a punt and got the 12'6 8#9 and 13'7" 9#10 , both fast action compared to what I'm used to . Only partially build of the 12'6" so far (just to add winding check and its ready to go). 1st impression is the diameter is significantly thicker than the Shakey Oracle and it feels a bit heavy. Only test cast on the grass so far and my 8 and 9 weight lines fly out, but does feel a bit like a poker (maybe that's how fast action rod feel .. not sure as the shakey feels to have more action)...The jury is out on these se as I recon these are old technology.. will post pics of the build shortly. With extra diameter this might make casting the wind more of a chore. who know but for £50 a blank its worth a wee bit of fun . also copied TFS and built the handle from scratch.