Aquasure no more

kingfisher

Stay Safe
Reaction score
Had a seam leak in my vision waders I bought in January this year and was looking at the usual Aquasure. But at those silly prices for what 7grms etc I looked for an alternative and found Kampaseam.
I bought a big tube for less than the Aquasure on the reviews and have to say it was excellent.
It’s thin and goes on great with the supplied stuff brush and soaks right into the material leaving no heavy build up or sticky residue.
After a day on the Tweed last week can confirm it works a treat and would recommend this as an alternative.

Attachments

• FC42D837-0179-4AE8-A865-96BD1F388F6E.png
    FC42D837-0179-4AE8-A865-96BD1F388F6E.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 149

goodwin8288

Reaction score
poundland sell one as well i have not used it on waders yet but have used it on other things and it seems very similar to aquasure and works well!!

tealblue

Reaction score
Had a seam leak in my vision waders I bought in January this year and was looking at the usual Aquasure. But at those silly prices for what 7grms etc I looked for an alternative and found Kampaseam.
I bought a big tube for less than the Aquasure on the reviews and have to say it was excellent.
It’s thin and goes on great with the supplied stuff brush and soaks right into the material leaving no heavy build up or sticky residue.
After a day on the Tweed last week can confirm it works a treat and would recommend this as an alternative.
As you only bought them in January they were still under warranty why didn't you send them back to Vision for repair.

clydesider

Reaction score
Anyone know if Stormsure can be thinned with Cotol, same as Aquasure?
Mike

gweb

Reaction score
Another thumbs up for Fantastic Elastic. Poundland sometimes stocks it or ebay. I don't find it any thicker than Aquasure. I have successfully fixed many wader leaks with it. Too thick for doing seams. I have previously sent leaky waders to Diver Dave for a full fix and his seam treatments seem to last forever. The next time they leak it is pinholes or worn creases. I just press the tube down and apply in a circular motion.

lefthandup

Reaction score
Bought this.... Like the idea that it's not thick and stiff and sounds easy to work with...(does that sound sexual) ?

goodwin8288

Reaction score
I bought this stuff and it was very thick...mind I purchased off eBay so could have been a batch out of date .
yes i did find it quite thick but used it to repair the inside of my wading jacket hood and it seemed to work well i would imagine it could also be thinned down the same as aquasure stormsure?

Horsbrugh

Reaction score

Not tried this yet but going to order some to try and salvage both my pairs of leaky breathable. From the description it sounds perfect for sealing seams and pin holes.

ozzyian

Reaction score
for 5g? It’s day light robbery - if I buy it I buy the multipacks if you can find them - 10s or 15s more convenient if you don’t fancy opening a big tube and sticking in freezer - but more expensive.

I think so to. Though once opened even in the freezer it can go off - probably to do with how long it was on the shelf before you got it. I think the cheapest/least wasteful way is the 3 x minitubes in the same pack if its for pinholes once or twice a year. Only the big tubes if you are determined to save waders/jacket that are generally knackered and you need to apply it to big areas with a brush, in which case it needs thinned with toluene and probably isn't worth doing.