April Fishing days

Ayrgunn

Reaction score
Hi fellas, I’ve got a day free in April to go fishing and I fancy either the Don or maybe the Teith. Can anyone suggest a beat on either of these rivers where I could get a day ticket. There doesn’t seem to be any info on fishpal for these two rivers,

Thanks in advance

phil.b

Reaction score
Lanrick estate on the Teith good beat in April ,go onto their website (Lanrick estate) for info on availability

G

guest2938

Hi fellas, I’ve got a day free in April to go fishing and I fancy either the Don or maybe the Teith. Can anyone suggest a beat on either of these rivers where I could get a day ticket. There doesn’t seem to be any info on fishpal for these two rivers,

Thanks in advance

For the Don

Manar - (Sloans of Inverurie, phone and book a rod)
Castle Forbes - Fishpal

There is other good association water, ADAA and Inverurie AA town water for example, that may fish well but you can wait until the last minute to see how its fishing before committing. If you want anymore info feel free to PM

Manar is my preference, right size of beat to cover in a day and a lovely cast on nice fly water.

DCH

ibm59

Reaction score

Thanks in advance

Take a trout rod. ;)

keirstream

Reaction score
Lanrick estate on the Teith good beat in April ,go onto their website (Lanrick estate) for info on availability

Or Cambusmore, (Managed Estates Stirling) I note they had one or 2 20+ fish last April.
Good springers are getting a bit like hen's teeth to find in the Teith nowadays but when you get one, it tends to be Malloch Trophy quality. An outsider came in and herried one of these nests last March and now he's a celebrity, radio interviews, mug shots on all the fancy magazines, a supply of fresh ties daily sponsored by Fishpal.
Ah!!!!!!! the sweet taste of success!!!! It's a heady mixture of supercharged oxygen!!!
It could be YOU:lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:

phil.b

Reaction score
Or Cambusmore, (Managed Estates Stirling) I note they had one or 2 20+ fish last April.
Good springers are getting a bit like hen's teeth to find in the Teith nowadays but when you get one, it tends to be Malloch Trophy quality. An outsider came in and herried one of these nests last March and now he's a celebrity, radio interviews, mug shots on all the fancy magazines, a supply of fresh ties daily sponsored by Fishpal.
Ah!!!!!!! the sweet taste of success!!!! It's a heady mixture of supercharged oxygen!!!
It could be YOU:lol::lol::lol:
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

G

guest2938

I hope i never win the Malloch Trophy, its clearly a cross to bear

40lb with lice in March, its not getting entered, no siree....

Fishpal on phone "So Mr Horny, how did you not think of entering the fine specimen of Atlantic Salmon from the Nairn in March?:confused::confused:"

DCH on phone " Aye, sorry sir, I just couldn`t.... Salmon Fishing Forum would have gone into meltdoon !! :lol:"

DCH

Last edited:

Nigel Passmore

Reaction score

Thanks in advance

I could, however, I suggest you split the difference and go for Coupar Grange on the Isla - all things being equal there will likely be more springers there in April than the other two combined.

Regards

NHP

keirstream

Reaction score
I hope i never win the Malloch Trophy, its clearly a cross to bear

Aye, but to be fair, our hero is widely quoted on the various media outlets as having dreamed of winning the Malloch Trophy since, as Jimmy Chim would say, he was wickwid in his fathers balls. He therefore has practiced hard for his time in the limelight and sits comfortably on the elevated throne he now occupies.
I hear on the grapevine that the book will be out shortly and they are talking about a film.
I like the bits in slow motion, I hope there's plenty of them.
The silver screen beckons.:thumb::thumb::thumb::lol::lol:

G

guest2938

I could, however, I suggest you split the difference and go for Coupar Grange on the Isla - all things being equal there will likely be more springers there in April than the other two combined.

Regards

NHP

Interesting, bookmarked for Aprils catches :)

"sets reminder on phone"

DCH

phil.b

Reaction score
Aye, but to be fair, our hero is widely quoted on the various media outlets as having dreamed of winning the Malloch Trophy since, as Jimmy Chim would say, he was wickwid in his fathers balls. He therefore has practiced hard for his time in the limelight and sits comfortably on the elevated throne he now occupies.
I hear on the grapevine that the book will be out shortly and they are talking about a film.
I like the bits in slow motion, I hope there's plenty of them.
The silver screen beckons.:thumb::thumb::thumb::lol::lol:

Haha good old Jimmy and I would think comic more than book

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

orchy1999

Reaction score

Thanks in advance
:shocked:This is the end of Jan 19, April is months away, I take it you are all inclusive courtesy of her Majesty the Queen with access to a smuggled in device:lol:

If not I would be looking for a new wife:lol: I believe they are quite cheap on the internet these days:evil:

Ayrgunn

Reaction score
:shocked:This is the end of Jan 19, April is months away, I take it you are all inclusive courtesy of her Majesty the Queen with access to a smuggled in device:lol:

If not I would be looking for a new wife:lol: I believe they are quite cheap on the internet these days:evil:

Your imagination is getting the better of you here orchy! I have four days booked on the north esk so was looking to fill the whole Monday to Friday fishing!

As far as buying on the internet, I like to try before I buy, you never know what you could end up with! I Can remember buying a pair of new jeans that looked just the ticket without ever trying them on!! Loose everywhere and pockets you could have kept pot plant in.