Anyone used a Reddington Behemoth

Hoddom

Reaction score
Anyone used a behemoth reel? Any thoughts? Thinking of getting one for grilse/ST .

tcorfey

Reaction score
I have one in size 9/10, it's okay but I don't like the v-spool. In that price range and style I prefer the Lamson Liquid it has a U shaped spool which I think lays down the backing better. The Behemoth does have more capacity though.
Here they are side by side They both have 200+ meters of backing and an 8wt line on the Liquid and a 10wt line on the Behemoth.
The Behemoth has 30-40 meters of additional backing.
IMG_1880.jpg
IMG_1879.jpg
IMG_1878.jpg

Greegs

Reaction score
I’ve not used one but I’m impressed with the drag on them as they would stop a horse.

A guy I know took it for bones in Cuba & couldn’t speak highly enough about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hoddom

Reaction score
Thanks chaps. I’d not noticed that the arbour is quite small. If you’ve got a lot of line out and a fish runs toward you I’d fancy more pick up. But, the price is good. I’ll look at the Lamson too now.

ian74

Reaction score
Anyone used a behemoth reel? Any thoughts? Thinking of getting one for grilse/ST .
Look in classifieds… Guideline Haze, can’t understand why it’s not sold at that price!
I have no connection to the seller, but I would say it’s superior to the Behemoth. (& not too big)
I had a Lamson Liquid and the paint finish started coming off just looking at it! :ROFLMAO:

ian74

Reaction score
Look in classifieds… Guideline Haze, can’t understand why it’s not sold at that price!
I have no connection to the seller, but I would say it’s superior to the Behemoth. (& not too big)
I had a Lamson Liquid and the paint finish started coming off just looking at it! :ROFLMAO:

PS. I nearly bought it before the price drop… and I’ve too many reels anyway!

Last edited:

Hoddom

Reaction score
Unfortunately I’m after a 7/8 single hander not a switch/Spey.