Anyone seen this cast before

Richardgw

Reaction score
I was looking at this video and in particular the spey cast at 2 minutes 20 seconds in, which caught my attention and I thought I would ask all the expert casters on the forum if you've seen this cast before. It looks very economical and in my opinion very well executed by the angler in the video. Any thoughts?
Regards
NH

Interesting. No.

Appears to be either a double spey where rather than using his rod to drag the line upstream to place his anchor he has used a snap instead, or a Snap T where the anchor is kept to the downstream shoulder. But the main point is it works.

Down & Across

Reaction score
Haven't seen this before, but looks very effective. Looks like he 'snaps' over the top of the trailing body (rather than under per the usual snap T), thereby keeping the anchor downstream. Definitely going to give this a go!

Rrrr

Reaction score
No but it looks handy, abit like a modified ariel double spey.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Rrrr

Reaction score
That's what I thought too. A shortened version of a double spey without pauses.
Also alot less splashy, im not sure of its advantage over a snake roll but im going to give it a try so see how it works.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

troutcontrol

Reaction score
Snap-Z

If you are right handed on a right bank and have an upstream wind which is too strong for a snake roll - this is your last option before you have to switch hands. :)

Last edited: