Anyone dealt with...

rytenuff

Reaction score
https://vintagefishingtackle.co.uk before?
I note that they take payment through Paypal or Credit Card via Sage. Neither of these give buyer protection.
CC company say that they are dealing with a third party so are not responsible. Paypal say they are not responsible if you use a CC.
To buy or not to buy? Decisions, decisions!

rytenuff

Reaction score
Does this look like a ding or fluff or something else on this top section of rod?

Attachments

• Pic rod top.jpg
    Pic rod top.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 166

gmm

Reaction score
hard to say, but looks like the same section has some good scratches to the left,maybe been put down on stones/gravel

rytenuff

Reaction score
Yes, I'm not too concerned about light scratches but if that mark is a ding, it looks like it has reached the carbon.

Hardyreels

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, I'm not too concerned about light scratches but if that mark is a ding, it looks like it has reached the carbon.

Are you thinking of buying this rod? If so I'd ask about that mark perhaps even send the seller a copy of the image you've posted here. Looks like a chip in finish to me.

ArchieL

Reaction score
Looks like a paint chip but if you seen my Powerlite then you would have no qualms buying that rod , my powerlite looks like it has been put through a combine harvester and i have no problems with spring heavy gear on it.

rytenuff

Reaction score
I would have qualms about buying any rod which was described as looking like it has been put through a combine harvester. I am confident that my qualms would be shared by just about everybody....your good self excepted.

McPisces

Reaction score
Don`t know what type of rod it is but my guess is a whack on a windy day with a larger fly?
I`ve done something similar to this to a few older rods but not that deep.

rytenuff

Reaction score
No, G it was the 16ft version of the rod that I broke the top section of. Might have been nice for the Mac pool teamed with a 85ft Carron.

Reactions: gmm