Anybody store their rods in the loft?

Esk1

Reaction score
Hi There.
I have considered storing some of my rods in the loft, it is insulated at ceiling height under the boarding and none on the rafters, I think it’s called a cold loft.
I did wonder if rods and waders would suffer any deterioration, as they will be temperature fluctuations, ie hot in the summer and cold in winter time.
Waders are in the garage currently, and for security rods in the wardrobe but I could do with the space.
I would like to use the space but I don’t want to risk any rod damage.
Do other members use their loft or store in a wardrobe?
Thoughts on this appreciated.
Esk1.

Treecutter

Reaction score
I've built a cupboard on the landing to house all my fishing kit as mrs got peed off that they were in the spare room

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

AlanT

Reaction score
I have a rack in the loft for my special rods. Also insulated. Never had any issues with them

Chicharito

Reaction score
Only the ones that aren't valuable and rarely used. The extremes of heat and cold and condensation in winter worries me.

kimbo

Reaction score
I've found that whatever you put in the loft gets forgotten about and never gets used again. I recently moved house and I was amazed at what I had put up there that didn't get missed.

Esk1

Reaction score
Thanks for all your replies.
It looks as though it’s a bit of a gamble, with temperature fluctuations I may have leave them where they are for now.
Thanks.
Esk1.

Stevieob76

Reaction score
Am just worried about spiders. In process of getting loft lined to house fishing gear

Rrrr

Reaction score
I would stick some mouse traps up there first and see if you catch any as mice love to chew rod bags and fishing luggage.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk