Another WG and a couple of other styles

Lamson v10

Reaction score
You know I'm a sucker for anything willie gunn themed 😂. Those are absolutely cracking jockiescott 👌 especially liking the flamethrower one 😎 I like the black tyed over the wing it's that little bit different to just a mixed wing 😎 I'll be having a wee go at that later tonight once I've finished some more hitches 👍🏻

SnapT14

Reaction score
I also love the flamethrower type, I will have a bash at that tomorrow afternoon i think.....

As far as your flies are concerned, its true what they say " there's flies for photos, and flies for fishing ".... i find its often tricky to tie one that does both, well.....in my experience anyway.

You have the ability to tie your flies to look Good in photos but also to look very fishy indeed, and you are one of the very few who I know that bridge that gap. Thats very difficult to do, well done!

** that's a compliment by the way **:)

Jockiescott

Reaction score
I also love the flamethrower type, I will have a bash at that tomorrow afternoon i think.....

As far as your flies are concerned, its true what they say " there's flies for photos, and flies for fishing ".... i find its often tricky to tie one that does both, well.....in my experience anyway.

You have the ability to tie your flies to look Good in photos but also to look very fishy indeed, and you are one of the very few who I know that bridge that gap. Thats very difficult to do, well done!

** that's a compliment by the way **:)
Thanks everyone for the comments and I'm very humbled by your post SnapT14!

Everything I tie is with fishing in mind and anything I've shown in the past few months is in one of my boxes or has already been used. Including the TOTM flies. I hope to get some of these three wet tomorrow. 🙂

Thanks again sir! Very much appreciated!

ArchieL

Reaction score
Very nice indeed JS, Flamethrower one i could fish all day without changing as you know it will catch fish. Like the red through the tube tying also.

tawpug

Reaction score
They are all lovely.

Down my way the fly at bottom right would be called a Guncade.

Excellent tying. thanks for posting

Tawpug

Jockiescott

Reaction score
I hung the Flamethrower on a Bush yesterday so thought I'd tie another last night.

I then thought I'd get the phone set up and do a video.

My battery died as I was winding on the front hackle! 🤦‍♂️

Bothy Cat

Reaction score
It's never really struck me before just what a difference it makes to tubes when the black bucktail is tied in last and all round, it looks like a totally different fly than the three colour mix. I rarely tie the WG like this but I must tie a few up in this style. The flamethrower looks very sleek indeed.

Rennie

Reaction score
I always tie my Gold Bodied Willie G.’s in this fashion, veiled that is. Fluoro. Yellow 1st, then Hot Orange, then 4 strands of Gold flash, then Black over the top. Red head and/or Jungle Cock to taste. Tied like that, I feel the flee glows in the water much better!.
Pedro