Another Scottish lockdown

sneakypeter

Reaction score
The Angling Trust have persuaded HMG to change the no fishing rule in England, some restrictions, ie keep local, days only, but all good. Another U -turn, but we are used to those now.

Maggy

Reaction score
The Angling Trust have persuaded HMG to change the no fishing rule in England, some restrictions, ie keep local, days only, but all good. Another U -turn, but we are used to those now.
They’ve been on the same training course as Trump - how to polish your own halo.

lefthandup

Reaction score
BREAKING NEWS

There's a seal been spotted at Coldstream...
The home guard has been deployed I'm told....but if it's ok for him it's ok for me.🥴

Maggy

Reaction score
No it's not. People not washing their hands and staying 2m away from others is what has got us where we are.
Quite right. I saw a jogger spraying breath out by > 5mtrs on a freezing morning. Keep safe until your jabs I say and still keep apart after then.

seeking

Reaction score
Yorkshire (werethereagodit'dbegod'sowncountry)

To be fair, I'd appreciate another U turn just now (exile Sage, burn the CV Act, restore Democracy, get back to normal whilst shielding the vulnerable a la https://gbdeclaration.org/#read)

But then again, I am an optimist... :D:):D:):D:)

No it's not. People not washing their hands and staying 2m away from others is what has got us where we are.
It would be great if it were that simple. But it seems it's not. The latest casualties of CV19 I know did all that and all got it (all fit and well, even the 80-year olds, so it seems less virulent than in Spring)

I think the original WHO guidance accepted that it could transmit 8m by tiny airborne particles. This would seem to support evidence from countries which had very strict regs on social distancing, muzzling, with totalitarian-style fines etc. where the virus has just ignored the countermeasures and infected more and more folk (e.g. Spain, France and even the worst recent example Germany in it's 2nd wave where a "full-Nazi-stylee" Lockdown has had no apparent effect whatsoever...) Basically the more-"nazi" a country has gone, it's not helped in the long run c.f. Sweden. Strange perhaps, but true.

Last edited:

Loxie

Reaction score
Did not know this so I just googled...

“He was hanged, drawn and quartered—strangled by hanging, but released while he was still alive, emasculated, eviscerated and his bowels burned before him, beheaded, then cut into four parts. His preserved head (dipped in tar) was placed on a pike atop London Bridge.”

I mean... that’s harsh.
That's what you get for badly faking a Scottish accent.

Loxie

Reaction score
To be fair, I'd appreciate another U turn just now (exile Sage, burn the CV Act, restore Democracy, get back to normal whilst shielding the vulnerable a la https://gbdeclaration.org/#read)

It would be great if it were that simple. But it seems it's not. The latest casualties of CV19 I know did all that and all got it (all fit and well, even the 80-year olds, so it seems less virulent than in Spring)

I think the original WHO guidance accepted that it could transmit 8m by tiny airborne particles. This would seem to support evidence from countries which had very strict regs on social distancing, muzzling, wiht totalitarian-style fines etc. where the virus has just ignored the countermeasures and infected more and more folk (e.g. Spain, France and even the worst recent example Germany in it's 2nd wave where a "full-Nazi-stylee" Lockdown has had no apparent effect whatsoever...) Basically the more-"nazi" a country has gone, it's not helped in the long run c.f. Sweden. Strange perhaps, but true.
Fair enough, you are never going to stop all transmission with 2m separation but I'd bet we would never have been in lockdown if people had stuck to it. And washed their hands.

Maggy

Reaction score

I think the original WHO guidance accepted that it could transmit 8m by tiny airborne particles. This would seem to support evidence from countries which had very strict regs on social distancing, muzzling, wiht totalitarian-style fines etc. where the virus has just ignored the countermeasures and infected more and more folk (e.g. Spain, France and even the worst recent example Germany in it's 2nd wave where a "full-Nazi-stylee" Lockdown has had no apparent effect whatsoever...) Basically the more-"nazi" a country has gone, it's not helped in the long run c.f. Sweden. Strange perhaps, but true.
Virtually no-one of that age has an intact immune system. The frequency tables by 5-year age-groups for over 55’s show a disaster. It may also be temperature related for virus survival. But I’m sure you're correct also.

keirstream

Reaction score
Did not know this so I just googled...

“He was hanged, drawn and quartered—strangled by hanging, but released while he was still alive, emasculated, eviscerated and his bowels burned before him, beheaded, then cut into four parts. His preserved head (dipped in tar) was placed on a pike atop London Bridge.”

I mean... that’s harsh.
Wish they had done that to Mel Gibson before he made the film.:(
He'll never know or more importantly, care about the devastation he left behind in Scottish society.

The flying Scotsman

Reaction score
Fair enough, you are never going to stop all transmission with 2m separation but I'd bet we would never have been in lockdown if people had stuck to it. And washed their hands.
We would have never of been in lockdown at all if the Chinese had raised the alarm back in oct 2019 when the virus first emerged

The flying Scotsman

Reaction score
So Trump was right !! Is he forgiven ? He was going to sue them - good luck there then.
Will the Chinese ever be held responsible for destroying the world?
My granny used to say that its written in the bible that the yellow race would end the world.
No idea if its true or not.

keirross

Reaction score
Will the Chinese ever be held responsible for destroying the world?
My granny used to say that its written in the bible that the yellow race would end the world.
No idea if its true or not.
Dont't worry about what you understood across your 'freedoms'. Better think now how your third second jag (yes, jags, here) will keep you so-called better informed'. First one followed by second given but no admitted inherent immunitty nor possible infectiviity?

Our medicians are playing for money at an estimated cost of £100 per jag across the proven spectrum that next to nobody ever becomes hospitilased and yet even dies from SARS-COV-19, as termed. Ask yourself, why?

I could go on about about very long-term capable cheap medication could've helped safe millions of lives but instead was blocked. Why, for instance, a year last March, was a simple kown effective anti-flu drug called hydroxchloroquine (HCQ) systematically impounded by UK? Is it because it's cheap as aspirin therefore?

Why did Scottish legislation then agree complete immunity to future prosecution via bio-tech should former liability be acted? That is, why did pharma become completely indemnified and across UK?

Anyway, for folks that are out, best to you.

Slainte.

Last edited:

goosander

Reaction score
The country should have been locked down two Januarys ago. Told a 140.000 Chinese entered the country since then. The university's wanted the money from the foreign students. The aviation company's wanted to carry on and people wanted there foreign holidays.
All this washing hands etc. because no one had a leader to stand up and think of the country and its people instead of the money.
Bob.

Loxie

Reaction score
The country should have been locked down two Januarys ago. Told a 140.000 Chinese entered the country since then. The university's wanted the money from the foreign students. The aviation company's wanted to carry on and people wanted there foreign holidays.
All this washing hands etc. because no one had a leader to stand up and think of the country and its people instead of the money.
Bob.
The trouble is without money even more people die and have worse lives: it's not a zero sum game. Politicians have had to deal with a completely new disease from scratch. They could have done better but they could have done a hell of a lot worse. Hindsight was not available at the time!

my point about hand washing was really that if everyone had followed the proper social distancing and basic hygiene rules there would have been a fraction of the deaths, trauma and economic damage.