Angling has never been more popular

Cyclops

Sang-Froid
Reaction score
Hold on a minute ....I’ve just read on here, right here in black n white in the general board that angler numbers are dwindling ? I’m confused 🤔 .... is somebody speaking sh£te?*

*wouldnt be the first time I bet 🤓

DCH

Loxie

Reaction score
C 19 has been a tragedy in many respects but one small silver lining has been a huge increase in the popularity of angling.

Jockiescott

Reaction score
It certainly includes stocked Stillwater trout fishing, which is the most important gateway to wild game fishing.

That certainly was the case here. Some Fisheries that only opened a certain number of days a week put on extra days.

One small spate river here had to cap there membership this season. They ran an open book system before put the banks were jammed last season.

lax0341

Reaction score
A small pond in my area where in normal years one or two people are fishing at weekends was crowded by 15 anglers when my friend and me arrived some days ago.

leave_u

Reaction score
An effect from Covid lockdowns etc ?

DCH
Surely looks so here in Switzerland. Fishing and biking. Biking is even more crazy. And surely related to the restrictions because of the pandemics. People try to discover the surroundings and get into new stuff, i am curious how long is it going to last ...

Andrew B

Reaction score
Just leaves me flabbergasted at the revenue it provides to Scotland alone, yet as with-most things nowadays I’m left scratching my head as to why saving the Salmonids we fish for, does not get priority?

Chicharito

Reaction score
Rivers are bouncing....wall to wall, like a cattle market....I've not met many women mind.. just horrible men 🤣
Just been looking at the availability on the Lower and Bottom Tweed and it's looking like it's pretty much booked up already!
I have 2 days booked in May, June and July on Horncliffe.
The catches certainly don't warrant the amount of bookings.
The 2 years before last you could fish any day you wanted and have a beat to yourself.
Can't say I am looking forward to the increased pressure on the water this year. Hopefully next year they will all bugger off!

I still have some quiet beats on other rivers but I am not telling anyone where they are!!
😂

Auldghillie

Reaction score
Just been looking at the availability on the Lower and Bottom Tweed and it's looking like it's pretty much booked up already!
I have 2 days booked in May, June and July on Horncliffe.
The catches certainly don't warrant the amount of bookings.
The 2 years before last you could fish any day you wanted and have a beat to yourself.
Can't say I am looking forward to the increased pressure on the water this year. Hopefully next year they will all bugger off!

I still have some quiet beats on other rivers but I am not telling anyone where they are!!
😂
You’ll probably catch so few you can store them in that extension next to your place.

Auldghillie

Reaction score
I still do not get the more anglers the better mentality in wild game fishing....
It's not healthy.
I see a report of 21 taken at Hendersyde on Sat. If correct, this is what worries me, why on earth fish on to that extent? It’s turning salmon fishing into trout lake territory. A joke, AG

Chicharito

Reaction score
You’ll probably catch so few you can store them in that extension next to your place.
Thanks for reminding me!
Seeing as you have mentioned it, I have raised a Planning Enforcement Order (?) as we have it on good authority that the 'garage' is 0.5m higher than it should be!
However my local expert says that the Kirklees Planning Dept. is not fit for purpose!
Marty and the M31 demolition gang are on standby! 🤣🤣

Auldghillie

Reaction score
Thanks for reminding me!
Seeing as you have mentioned it, I have raised a Planning Enforcement Order (?) as we have it on good authority that the 'garage' is 0.5m higher than it should be!
However my local expert says that the Kirklees Planning Dept. is not fit for purpose!
Marty and the M31 demolition gang are on standby! 🤣🤣
Don’t go there. Plod visited my pals place after my demolition but too frightened to make an arrest. Nightmare, you have everyone sympathies. I can guess your secret beats. AG

Elibank

Reaction score
I see a report of 21 taken at Hendersyde on Sat. If correct, this is what worries me, why on earth fish on to that extent? It’s turning salmon fishing into trout lake territory. A joke, AG
5CF6FF74-620E-4A6D-BF0D-66C85F4118B0.png

Beel

Reaction score
Not just fishing that has benefitted from an increase in activity post lockdown. Our local golf club has seen an increase of nearly 200 season members.
Looks like lots of people are returning to outdoor pursuits.