Alta / Lakselva

mammoth69

Reaction score
Guys,

Thanks so much to those kind members who helped me : furnished me with useful information regarding the Alta & Lakselva rivers.

After having my July trip cancelled due to Covid - I managed to make it out there for the last week & a half of the season - 3 days on Lakselva & 6.5 days on Alta for the final week.

It was invaluable info & really helpful for my trip.

I had an amazing time - this turned out to be the trip of a lifetime!

Lakselva was a hard nut to crack - I unfortunately blanked - but my mate got a very nice 10kg fresh fish which unfortunately bled out on him

We found it incredibly tough, it was hot, humid, warm water temps & most of the pools in zones 2 & 3 were getting absolutely Hammered by visiting anglers.

Despite fishing with small dee style flies & long leaders I couldn’t locate a taking fish. :) unfinished business.

Whenever I decide to go back to Lakselva I think I’ll book a private beat for rested water & supplement accordingly with zone permits.

But such a beautiful place to fish. & definitely deserves a repeat visit.

Alta was also incredibly difficult too; & the most amazing experience on what is regarded as the best river for Atlantics in the world. The first 3 days spent getting to know the river & pools didn’t yield much to our one shared rod other than a few wee sea trout- finnock around 0.5-1lb

The second half of the Alta week was much better - cooler temps & we were able to harvest the knowledge of a well seasoned Alta guide.

He helped with tactics & knew the pools / lies extremely well. Without him I think we really might have struggled. Alta is such a big river with very powerful flows.

Our final count for 1 shared rod by the end of the week at the season closewas 8 salmon averaging 20lb, 8 Grilse & 2 seatrout.

A cracking bit of sport & many memories created!

Hope you enjoy the pics

Thanks you very much !

M.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk