All Gone To Pot!

Rennie

Reaction score
I'm a fan of Guidelines LPXe range, owning currently the 13fter,15fter and 17fter and wouldn't mind the 14 fter too!.
Any road, spent most of my season casting a 6 weight Switch rod which is well through actioned with an odd cast or two with my new 12ft 6 Zenith.
Arrived Tayside this year and up went the 17fter and the Triple D's,could I cast with it, er eckers like not!,resorted the the 16ft Norway and Mackenzie to get a flee out over the water.
Arrived Tweedside last week and my most favoured 13ft LPXe was lined up alongside the Zenith.Once more could I cast the Guideline ?,er once more not a cat in 'ells chance.The Zenith out fit positively flew out to the other bank.
I tried my favoured Scandi. Flylines head,Guideline short cut head and even a 510 Rage all to no avail.Honestly it was like my first ever day with a double hander-only worse.Every mistake known to casting instructors and a few more thrown in for good measure,I couldn't get a good cast in any way shape or form!.Pick the Zenith up and I couldn't NOT cast it, any cast any shoulder and bye bye flee and up the grass on t'other bank.
Hope its not an age thing!,but it blew my head trying to figure it out.
Yours off back to 16 meter's of pole and tame gold fish,Pedro.

Chester

Reaction score
I picked up the 12'6" zenith earlier this year, matched up with a scandi head it's now my go to set up. Just my opinion but a lovely rod you can cast all day.

porteouz

Reaction score
Switch rods and shortcut lines are ridiculously easy to cast, so much so you get lazy and technique goes out the window. Then when you get the big guns outs it's like watching a coo with a gun, hopeless

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Rennie

Reaction score
At least got a month or two to forget all about it.Come the first outing next year?,god knows,lol.
Cast on dudes.Pedro.

salmonaddict

Reaction score
Same thing happened to me this season. Fishing 2nd half of the season with my 14' Sage TCX...when i tried my 14' Catapult i couldn't get the thing to go at all. Casting style definitely changes with rods of different actions :)

bros

Reaction score
I'm a fan of Guidelines LPXe range, owning currently the 13fter,15fter and 17fter and wouldn't mind the 14 fter too!.
Any road, spent most of my season casting a 6 weight Switch rod which is well through actioned with an odd cast or two with my new 12ft 6 Zenith.
Arrived Tayside this year and up went the 17fter and the Triple D's,could I cast with it, er eckers like not!,resorted the the 16ft Norway and Mackenzie to get a flee out over the water.
Arrived Tweedside last week and my most favoured 13ft LPXe was lined up alongside the Zenith.Once more could I cast the Guideline ?,er once more not a cat in 'ells chance.The Zenith out fit positively flew out to the other bank.
I tried my favoured Scandi. Flylines head,Guideline short cut head and even a 510 Rage all to no avail.Honestly it was like my first ever day with a double hander-only worse.Every mistake known to casting instructors and a few more thrown in for good measure,I couldn't get a good cast in any way shape or form!.Pick the Zenith up and I couldn't NOT cast it, any cast any shoulder and bye bye flee and up the grass on t'other bank.
Hope its not an age thing!,but it blew my head trying to figure it out.
Yours off back to 16 meter's of pole and tame gold fish,Pedro.

For one that has given so much personal recommendations and advice on various salmon kit I admire your your humility on this issue.
It just goes to show we're are all mere mortals.

Good on ye

Tyke

Reaction score
Easy mate,

LPXe = running spikes.

12'6" Zenith = Zimmer Frame.

But then you are much older than me aren't you?...........

And don't worry, at least you caught - which is more than I did!

Regards, Tyke.??????

Last edited:

MCXFisher

Reaction score
As someone who always uses the easiest casting rods available, I dread to think how I'd perform with something like an LPXe that has a totally different action. I had a go with a friend's 14 in Norway and couldn't do a thing with it after a week with the Cult and MAG. Thank you for making me feel less of a plonker.