Alex Salmond

tealblue

Reaction score
Yes and he also got £500,000 of tax payers cash for the cock up by the scottish gov in the way they didn't follow procedure when bringing the charges against him.

Andy Musgrove

Reaction score
Absolutely disgusting result. Claiming it was ‘consensual’ just proved he used position and power.

Rosslinden0

Reaction score
Ive not been following the case but I saw on the front of a paper the person he was accused of raping wasn't even there when it supposedly happened, hardly surprising he got cleared if that was true.

Bruino

Reaction score
How can they say he was innocent of all charges when special provisions where put in place so that he was not left in private with female personnel just this fact tells you a lot

keirstream

Reaction score
The S.N.P.s house of cards is about to get ripped apart on this decision. Salmond, McCaskill and all their buddies have their knives sharpened for Wee Nicola and several others.
There are going to be a load of bums all squeaking tonight.
Salmond is clearly out for vengeance against those who stuck him in and coupled with the inevitable enquiry about the total waste of taxpayers money by the Scottish Government, a certain wee nippy sweetie is hanging on by her fingernails.:shocked::shocked:

Neil W

Reaction score
I have no love for the SNP. Half my family are from fife on my mother’s side and I have been to Scotland every year of my life. I hate nationalism, it’s so easy to blame the English for everything and I have noticed a change in attitudes in some places when I visit being English.
I have no understanding of what’s going on with their leadership. I do find it odd that 10 women had similar complaints about Mr Salmond and yet he is innocent. If that is the case then surely these women should be prosecuted for lying/ brining his name into disrepute. I will wait and see what happens next

mows

Reaction score
Gents, he was found not guilty by an independent Jury.
Therefore he is innocent.
As the case was behind closed doors, we probably will never know the full story.
Alex certainly didn't come across as squeaky clean from what was reported.
But neither did the accusers.
There was clear collaboration there.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out in the long run.

Cheers

Mows

Lamson v10

Reaction score
How many of the jury were S. cottish. N. ational. P. ervert supporters

Feugh

Reaction score
Alex Salmond faces fresh police inquiry after court victory | Scotland | The Times

It's all going to start again. Maybe the Met will do things a bit differently from Police Scotland.
For clarity, one of the charges (intent to rape) was not proven in the trial that finished yesterday. There were some strange goings on during that trial - who was "the celebrity" who had dinner with Salmond, a named business women and one of the complainants? Why were two members of the jury discharged, and after that why would there not still be a simple majority decision (7 out of 13)?

goosander

Reaction score
Can not believe that all those women chose to give evidence against him and it was all made up. There is the ring of truth about being told not to let a woman be with him on his own.
All the accusers should be charged with perjury if they lied.
Bob.

Jack Holroyd

Reaction score
Gents, he was found not guilty by an independent Jury.
Therefore he is innocent.
As the case was behind closed doors, we probably will never know the full story.
Alex certainly didn't come across as squeaky clean from what was reported.
But neither did the accusers.
There was clear collaboration there.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out in the long run.

Cheers

Mows
Not proven in one case.

mows

Reaction score
Agreed Jack, and it was one of the more serious ones, I've always liked not proven. My interpretation is that possibly done it, but no credible evidence to back it up. However legally, it just means innocent. Hes a smug obnoxious bully in my opinion, but a lot of the case didn't stack up for me.

Last edited:

ozzyian

Reaction score
Agreed Jack, and it was one of the more serious ones, I've always liked not proven. My interpretation is that possibly done it, but no credible evidence to back it up. However legally, it just means innocent. Hes a smug obnoxious bully in my opinion, but a lot of the case didn't stack up for me.
Think you're right, you could probably add sex pest to his list of qualities. That wasn't what he was tried for though.

Personally I think there is something deeply wrong with the top dogs of the SNP. I think there's quite a bit to come out about Sturgeon and her 'private' life and lets not forget that slimy w@nker McKay grooming the schoolchild.

Always thought of Salmond as odious, it's funny how you know with some people. I have a little sympathy with the idea of independence but the SNP aren't good people, just my opinion.

goosander

Reaction score
Post 18
Salmond likes the publicity. Prince Andrew knows he has something to hide.
Voted S.N.P. in the past as the best of a bad bunch [Scotland]. Not now as I think they are finished for a while
Bob.

keirstream

Reaction score
At least he faced a court unlike Prince Andrew
I heard yesterday that Prince Charles was self isolating at Balmoral with Camilla whilst Prince Andrew was self isolating at home with a 16 year old called Sharon. Who is the more responsible?
Jack, you and I both agreed some time ago that regardless of the outcome of the trial (notwithstanding that we are probably both astonished at the verdict) that the S.N.P. were going to encounter a massive split in factions and a possible collapse.
Salmond made it clear on the court steps exactly who he was gunning for and so that very process has begun in front of our eyes. McCaskill and Neill both have scores to settle with Sturgeon and Cherry has her own agenda. They all have massive, self centred egos, it is not going to be pretty.
The fallout will be massive.:shocked::shocked:

goosander

Reaction score
Salmond going to write another book on how he has been treated. Wonder if the moneys will go through his other book company. It is a great way to save tax. Legal but is it right.
Bob.

keirstream

Reaction score
Salmond going to write another book on how he has been treated. Wonder if the moneys will go through his other book company. It is a great way to save tax. Legal but is it right.
Bob.
Salmond is a master of maximising his income stream.
As First Minister he continued to take his M.P., M.S.P. and his First Ministers salary until his tenure ran out on the Westminster free cash. That, despite various assurances that he would give it up.
Then he crowdfunded £100,000 (that we know about) legal expenses to fund his legal challenge against Wee Nicola's governmental incompetence. I wonder if he repaid any of that when he received £512,000 compesation as a result of the botched investigation, all taxpayers money I might add.:(
Now he is in line for another huge wedge, when will it ever end with this guy?
No shame, no morals, no values except for his massive, self centred beliefs and ego.:(
But------and don't forget this, he is a sharp, well educated and streetwise operator. He will wreak his vengeance and anyone in his way, including Wee Nicola and John Swinney, can expect to be left in shreds in his wake. The day of final reckoning is beckoning.:shocked::shocked:
As a wee postscript, lets not forget Mike Russell, Bravebelly will be throwing darts at his photo as we speak.
Could'nt happen to a more deserving case. Loathsome individual.:(

Last edited:

Neil W

Reaction score
So in effect none of these characters give a dam about Scotland its ‘what’s in it for me’
Sounds like classic nationalism to me. I hope they do tear themselves apart the selfish egotistical ba*s*ar*s that they are but don’t damage Scotland in the process.

SOS

Reaction score
Not sure who's side i would be on when the sh1t hits the fan,maybe a nil nil draw and they all get relegated might be best.