Airflo ridge running lines - what is the difference

Gordy000

Reaction score
Hi.

Just wondering if anyone know the difference between the 2 airflo ridge running lines.

Airflo ridge extreme floating vs airflo super dri ridge floating.

I see they are different colours and I guess that the super dri might float higher but that's only a guess.

Anyone know their differences?

Thanks

Rennie

Reaction score
In all honesty, probably not all that much that we the Angler would be able to exploit!.Maybe a difference in the make up of the coating, thats all.According to the blurb the Super Dry should float a little higher/better, as you say!
I know the Norris item is just as good and a lot cheaper! and I'm a fan of the Airflo ridged extreme floating 30lb running line.
Pedro.

Last edited:

mc andy

Reaction score
The superdry is a supple line with the extreme having a bit harder coating (possibly better distance) I have the extreme on a reel and it gets a outing ever now and then if I want a wee change away from mono.

Rrrr

Reaction score
The orange john norris ridged is the best ive used. Tried the rio coated running line but didnt rate it in comparison as the coating felt too soft.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Icelander05

Reaction score
Extreme 50 lbs for me. Imho the best running line. Very stable and strong. No tangles. And due to the thicker diameter very good line handling. Taking this all into account I can accept that I maybe can shoot one meter less than a 30 lbs running line. The superdri is also okay but I do prefer the ridge type.
By the way: Recently I put one of their cheaper trout lines (Forge WF5) onto a reel and used it as running lines. Not sure what the strength of it is but it worked pretty well too.
Icelander05

Rennie

Reaction score
I've one of the extreme 50lb running lines Icelander05 and I find it has quite an effect on the distance I'm expecting to cast.
Certain types of water won't do the added diameter and weight any favours if you're looking to cast as per a similar coated 30lb running line.
Any way, mines back on the spool in the tackle storage facility (garage!), waiting for the right time n place!
Pedro.