Airflo rage compact

Stuart1108

Reaction score
bought this yesterday is the line long enough to just put on spool with backing or do I need to add another fly line behind it thanks in advance

budge

Reaction score
bought this yesterday is the line long enough to just put on spool with backing or do I need to add another fly line behind it thanks in advance
If you just bought the head you will need a running line to go between it and the backing. They are just a shooting head so need to be fully out of the rod to cast properly.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 21259

They can come as head only or in kit form with running line, head and tips. What was in the box when you bought it?

Rennie

Reaction score
Stuart, Rage lines were designed to beat wind conditions that beat other fly lines. As a consequence they are quite compressed with powerful aggressive tapers to turn the leader over.
Now you will need a running line, go for a coated floating 30lb affair, try the Norris one its cheap and works perfectly well.That go's on the back end.
Rage lines need carefull consideration to leader set up as they can take quite a bit of anchoring to form your D loop.To that effect you need an appropriate 10ft poly tip and 5 to 6ft of tippet to the flee.
Cast them slow n easy, no ghurt big heave's and thrashes as its very easy to skip anchors and in general over power the line.Let the rod work the line and all will be fine.Most of all, stick to that leader set up on the front end!, its vitally important!
Pedro.

Stuart1108

Reaction score
Stuart, Rage lines were designed to beat wind conditions that beat other fly lines. As a consequence they are quite compressed with powerful aggressive tapers to turn the leader over.
Now you will need a running line, go for a coated floating 30lb affair, try the Norris one its cheap and works perfectly well.That go's on the back end.
Rage lines need carefull consideration to leader set up as they can take quite a bit of anchoring to form your D loop.To that effect you need an appropriate 10ft poly tip and 5 to 6ft of tippet to the flee.
Cast them slow n easy, no ghurt big heave's and thrashes as its very easy to skip anchors and in general over power the line.Let the rod work the line and all will be fine.Most of all, stick to that leader set up on the front end!, its vitally important!
Pedro.
Thanks i only got it for casting tubes in high water as I'm struggling with my normal set up i only fish a small spate river

Stuart1108

Reaction score
They can come as head only or in kit form with running line, head and tips. What was in the box when you bought it?

This was what I got sorry for late reply

Attachments

• 1598423015229144555322394364678.jpg
    1598423015229144555322394364678.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 83
  • 1598423033733635064704736805070.jpg
    1598423033733635064704736805070.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 73
D

Deleted member 21259

This was what I got sorry for late reply

James Norris will probably do you one of their own running lines for under a tenner. All you need then is tips to go on the end of the head. Personally I use 10ft Rio Versileaders on my own but there are loads of different leaders available. I would stay away from Airflo polyleaders as they are absolutely cr4p and do not sink at their stated rate in still water. You can buy the tips as you need them (y)

Last edited by a moderator: