airflo polyleaders

Cyclops

Sang-Froid
Reaction score
Fill a bath and compare against a leader sink rate you are familiar with, I wouldn’t get too hung up on exacts. Sound like fast sink tip though.

Ypres

Reaction score
OK this is getting silly. New 5’ salmon poly leader attached to 6’ of 15lb Maxima. Perfection loop to perfection loop. Got stuck on the bottom and had to go for a straight pull. Poly leader snapped at the knot. I would have thought the Maxima would have been the weak link.

Rennie

Reaction score
Provided you have a genuine 5ft Salmon Poly leader at 24lb b.s and not a 5ft Trout Poly leader at 12lb b.s., there's no way on this gods earth that should've happened, I can only make an assumption you got a sub std item (for whatever reason!).
I've used the Airflo polys for Salmon more or less since they first came onto the market and never had a problem with breakage, right enough I did have a problem with the Rio 10ft Salmon Polys. once, but that was some time ago!.
Of course you are making the assumption you were caught up by the flee or cast material!, you could've been caught up on the poly itself somewhere, in which case?.
Pedro.

Ypres

Reaction score
Of course you are making the assumption you were caught up by the flee or cast material!, you could've been caught up on the poly itself somewhere, in which case?.
Pedro.
You could be right. It’s the only thing that would make sense.
Len

Handel

Reaction score
OK this is getting silly. New 5’ salmon poly leader attached to 6’ of 15lb Maxima. Perfection loop to perfection loop. Got stuck on the bottom and had to go for a straight pull. Poly leader snapped at the knot. I would have thought the Maxima would have been the weak link.

As Frodin says, a perfection knot is a cutting knot.

Ypres

Reaction score
Funny enough I have tippet rings down on my shopping list for when I next visit an angling shop. Must admit the only ones I have heard of are Riverge. Might give the above ones a go.
Len