airflo polyleaders

jimbo220

Reaction score
Evening gentleman
Can anyone advise me does airflo polyleaders 10ft salmon Now come with a pre made loop at the tippet end ???
Seems some do and some don't ,
Some info would be much appreciated thanks,

JoeE

Reaction score
I have not bought some in about 2 years but any time I see them they are all un-looped

Cyclops

Sang-Froid
Reaction score
Any ive bought are pre looped and coated for your fly line end, and pre looped uncoated for the nylon end

Neil W

Reaction score
That’s said I cut them off and tie on a leader ring on the standard salmon/steelhead ones. On the heavy duty ones I just use the loop

Chicharito

Reaction score
I don't like the way the nylon loop is knotted so I untie them and tie the loop myself. I have tried Riverge leader rings but found them very fiddly for an old git like me!

tealblue

Reaction score
I got a couple of these from active angling last month and both no loop but easy enough to do yourself.

Woodsy

Reaction score
They use to have loops years ago, I wonder why they went back to them. Riverge rings are fantastic for any leader set ups

Neil W

Reaction score
Maybe I was wrong and the new ones don’t have loops. Either way I cut them off anyway and use a ring. The extra Strong ones don’t take a ring as well in my opinion so I use a loop of my own tying

jimmythefish

Reaction score
Oddly enough I bought 2 of them on Wednesday so I went into the fishing cupboard to have a look,and it’s exactly as mr cyclops says both are pre looped.

iainmortimer

Reaction score
The ones I bought last year are unlooped and so it probably is the new stock that has them. I tend to tie my own loops anyway and so I'm easy either way!

jimbo220

Reaction score
Morning lads
Thanks for the input on polyleaders much appreciated,
Just when i am on here do any of you have a problem with the poly to fly line loop sometimes jamming in the top ring ?
Playing a good fish last week with a 10ft poly leader it stuck a few times in the top ring, Didn't cause me to much of a problem but quite annoying !!

Neil W

Reaction score
I can’t say I have ever had that problem. How do you loop them on?

simonjh98

Reaction score
I always always use tippet rings with them. A friend of mine had their loop pull straight on the nylon end with a fish up the Owenkillew 2 years ago .
I've not had any issues with the tippet rings. Can find them in most tackle shops these days.

Rennie

Reaction score
Maybe its a case of old stock?.Originaly they came looped, then changed to unfinished.Maybe there is no 'new' poly range, it could be shop or indeed Airflo's old stock since their acquisition by Bauer!. Allsorts could be occurring on the manufactures side, it must be cheaper producing polys unfinished ?.
And yes, I too am a leader ring fan, never a problem on any of the range, as long as one uses good leader rings, some are prone to edges which cut through tippet material or the nylon core of the poly itself.Worth paying the coppers more for the Riverge items.Avoid the Lureflash rings like the plague!.
Pedro.

Ypres

Reaction score
Stockie bashing yesterday and my Airflo polyleader snapped at the perfection loop when I was into a decent sized fish. It was actually part of the loop that snapped. Not exactly a disaster as there were plenty more fish in the pond but today I will be checking out my salmon ones before my first outing for a silver tourist on Saturday.

Stockybasher

Reaction score
Stockie bashing yesterday and my Airflo polyleader snapped at the perfection loop when I was into a decent sized fish. It was actually part of the loop that snapped. Not exactly a disaster as there were plenty more fish in the pond but today I will be checking out my salmon ones before my first outing for a silver tourist on Saturday.

Stockybashing - whats that :unsure:

jimmythefish

Reaction score
Does anyone know the sink rate of the Scierra 1.52 meter GREY sink leader, I’ve been all over the net and even phoned the shop I bought it from( he was really helpful and said he didn’t sell SCIERRA ONES,though I had just bought it from him !!!) all I wanted to know was how fast a second it sank but it’s impossible to find out,all it says is that it’s a 4, so does that mean size 4,or 4 inches a second, hope someone knows,thanks