Airflo Delta Classic Advise

bros

Reaction score
Hi Guys

Thinking of buying the 13ft rod line rate 8/9 after reading the review in T&S, I know it was the 15ft version they tested and gave a very good report.
Anyway, I fish mainly small to medium rivers will this rod be okay for these?
Has anyone got good or bad things to say about this Airflo rod?
What about fly lines can anyone recommend a fly line that would go well with this rod bearing in mind I am a novice.
Appreciate all comments good or bad, thanks a lot.
Great forum.
Cheers
Bobby

skyhook

Reaction score
Hi,

i have an Airflo Delta that I got a few years ago it was the older style with a thicker blank? Green blank with yellow writting if I remember correctly.... Its a lovely rod bit of a through action which cast a nice line, I used a worchester salmon double taper on mine then,. I would say a Snowbee 1D spey line would be a good match? Loads of good rods out there now so keep looking before you buy!

Skyhook

arrowloopboy

Reaction score
They are a brillliant rod,you wont get a better rod for that price,they are a better rod than alot of £300 plus rods.
I'd put a snowbee 1D on that rod,very easy line to cast.

bros

Reaction score
Thanks Arrowloopboy, I think I will go for it, I have never been one to spend loads of cash on my fishing gear probably cause the missus won't let me, lol:D that will be right, I aways tell her that the gear I buy is much cheaper than it really is, hope she disnae read this or I'm in bother.
What reel would you recommend?
Cheers

Bobby

arrowloopboy

Reaction score
Thanks Arrowloopboy, I think I will go for it, I have never been one to spend loads of cash on my fishing gear probably cause the missus won't let me, lol:D that will be right, I aways tell her that the gear I buy is much cheaper than it really is, hope she disnae read this or I'm in bother.
What reel would you recommend?
Cheers

Bobby

Bobby i'd reccomend a Vossler S2,but their probably more than your willing to spend.
I'd dont know alot about cheaper reels because i do a lot of fishing ,and the cheaper reels i've bought just dont hack it,hence,false economy for me.

Cheers...

Andy

Chris-D

Reaction score
i have one lad, i love it, i would rather have it than my guideline, i use the shakepeare worchestershire 9wt line suits it perfect for the river i fish, always wanted another one for a spare incase i broke ths one i have. got a few horses up this week so could be tempted lol

bros

Reaction score
Andy, Chris

thanks for comments, Andy, the vossler 2 reel looks a real beaut however, you are correct, out of my budget (my missus refuses to work more o.t. for my fishing, f***ing lazy bitch!), anyway I always thought the most important items were your rod 1st followed by your fly line 2nd then reel 3rd, I know they have to be balanced but I always think that a reel is for holding line as long as the weight is okay for the rod.

Chris, Well done on the horse at Chelt, I myself had a bet on Albertas Run, won well however, only bet one other bet, "I'm so lucky" aye as usual not so lucky with that donkey, probably will see it on the beaches at b'pool next visit.
Chris, what about double tapers, shooting heads, how does rod handle these.

Thanks again
Bobby

Chris-D

Reaction score
i never used any other line on it cause it suits the small river i fish, im happy with it anyway, there are dozens of lines that are 10 times better than the shakespeare worchestershire lines but thats the one that suits me lol. they are not badly priced either, all depends on the type of river your fishing i suppose.

bros

Reaction score
Thanks for all replies, I think I will also look at shakespeare and diawa to see what they have got! Need a rod that will be quite forgiven to its owner:confused:
Bobby

skyhook

Reaction score
Thanks for all replies, I think I will also look at shakespeare and diawa to see what they have got! Need a rod that will be quite forgiven to its owner:confused:
Bobby

Hi Bobby
What sort of price are you getting the Airflo Delta for? First day I used it I caught a lovely springer on it:D. Not trying to tell you how to suck eggs but if your only new to the double handed rod fly fishing get a reasonable cheap outfit with a floater and intermediate and a few polyleaders and away you go. Then as you get into it you build up your kit.....

Skyhook

Last edited:

bros

Reaction score
Hi Skyhook,

Thanks for the advice, the rod is selling for £130 most places although I have seen it for £90.
I am going to get some casting instructions for the use of a double hander, only ever used a single hander and even at that I'm not the greatest of casters.
What you say makes sense as in starting with a relatively affordable kit and then build from there.

Cheers
Bobby

smokie999

Reaction score
same company selling both the one at £90.00 is described as airflo delta classic xt and the other at 129.99 is just airflo delta classic donot know if they are the same rod

Chris-D

Reaction score
does anyone know if these are the same rod, the airflo delta classic and the delta classic xt??:confused:

reddie

Reaction score
Just to bring this back. Probably going to buy this rod, 14 foot rated 9/10. Would rather a smaller rod but my line is suited to this and it suits my budget. Any more lads bought this rod lately and what did they think of it? Going to mainly use it for sunken line fishing in floods.