Aesthetics

Rrrr

Reaction score
Of course you don't see them, that's the whole point!!

Many years ago I used to do a fair bit of summer stalking of salmon with a freelined shrimp. I used to wear camo for that.
Ill stick a camo floppy hat on and a dark or green long sleeved tshirt in summer for creeping about on the high overgrown banks with the mepp also try not to get caught against the skyline etc.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Loxie

Reaction score
Ill stick a camo floppy hat on and a dark or green long sleeved tshirt in summer for creeping about on the high overgrown banks with the mepp also try not to get caught against the skyline etc.

It always amazes me that so few people do that! I'd bet you catch far more than most anglers! I used to find a small mepps deadly in low water, provided you were stealthy. I've carried a lot of the experience of catching fish on spinners and bait as a youngster in to my fly fishing and it continues to serve me well. It's very hard to catch a fish that's scared!

I only wish rod manufacturers cared about this aspect more and didn't feel the need to create flashy rods. The old G Loomis IMX range were the best I've seen.

bassfly

Reaction score
It amazes me the number of anglers I have seen approach a pool on the backside and start to cast a fly or spinner into the water without first observing what is going on.
Watercraft starts before reaching a pool and if more anglers thought more about this they would have a better chance of catching a fish.

Sent from my SM-J330FN using Tapatalk

Beltra Badger

Reaction score

Try a Blue shirt for this , but your right to keep low and out of sight when walking upstream past a pool you intend to fish

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rrrr

Reaction score
Try a Blue shirt for this , but your right to keep low and out of sight when walking upstream past a pool you intend to fish

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Is that to blend in with the sky ? Ive seen on youtube and pictures people fishing the tropics for bonefish etc try and blend with the sky.
Ill usualy get into position then plant my mepp in the far bank trees and knacker the job anyway

Last edited: