advice

les grant

Reaction score
got myself a shaskespear odessy 9#10 14ft which was fine for the teith at callander, but got a rio windcutter shooting head but the rod does not get on well with it' any body got any ideas as to a more powerful rod for that line:rolleyes::rolleyes:

longchuck

Reaction score
the wilderness xt by daiwa is a good shooting head rod for not a lot of wonga.
also consider
loop adventure
guideline awm
really all depends how much you want to spend.
give us a clue and we can be of more help

Rennie

Reaction score
The Rio Windcutter isn't a shooting head,rather a short bellied Spey line and as such would be heavier in its belly length than an equivalently rated shooting head.Firstly what rating is the line you have,that would help rather a lot.Secondly I wouldnt go for an AWM to use with these lines,they are far better with full shooting head set ups(I have the 14ft and 14ft 9 AWM's and love them to bits).Its a far more usual proposition to match a line to the rod not the other way round.
It may be a wise decision to pass them both on via the classified section on the forum and look to purchasing a balanced outfit that suits you and where you fish.Pedro.

munro

Reaction score
Wilderness xt 12ft for a 9 would probably sing with the line
13 14 &15 would probablybe better on 10/11 have tried them all and own a 12 ft one great for the cash
all be it its shooting heads i used on
Teith and your name pm sent

Last edited: