Advice on a few rivers please(River Ailort and Eas Gobhain)

IC FISH

Banned
Reaction score
I have booked two weeks holiday in two separate holiday cottages and the above rivers are the closest to my cottages, can anyone give advice on fishing these rivers. I was thinking for brown trout and sea trout, I also bought my 4 yr old daughter her first rod and was hoping she could pick up a few small brownies on the worm on loch Eilt or Venachar. Where can I buy tickets etc best tactics? Than you

keirstream

Reaction score
I would guess that the best source of information on the Ailort would be Tom Leslie at Fin and Game in Kelso. he ran the fishings on it up until not so long ago, maybe still does. I fished it too long ago to be relevant when it was mainly a sea trout fishery, which, of course, in common with other West Coast Sea Trout fisheries, collapsed as the fish farms moved in. I understand though, that the salmon fishing has shown a bit of a resurgence recently. Tom would be your man on that one. https://finandgame.com/fishing/
Eas Gobhain is run by a private syndicate in Callander but as far as I am aware, day tickets are available. Best contact James Bayne in Callander http://fishinginthetrossachs.co.uk/
I would guess that drowning worms for trout wouldn't cause too much concern, certainly on Vennachar.

salarchaser

Reaction score
What does "banned" next to ICFish's member status mean.
I can guess the obvious, bit if banned from the forum, wouldnt the account just be deleted?
Not important, just curious as I've not seen it before.

IC FISH

Banned
Reaction score
I got banned arguing with Springer 10 years ago, I had a new account that stopped working since the new owners took over so had to ressurect my old profile

broontroot52

Reaction score
I have booked two weeks holiday in two separate holiday cottages and the above rivers are the closest to my cottages, can anyone give advice on fishing these rivers. I was thinking for brown trout and sea trout, I also bought my 4 yr old daughter her first rod and was hoping she could pick up a few small brownies on the worm on loch Eilt or Venachar. Where can I buy tickets etc best tactics? Than you
Eas Gobhain permit contact is Simon Dupre he owns the fish farm on the river . punch in Eas Gobhain on FB page.