Action!: Stop Toxic Salmon Farm Chemicals Polluting Scottish Lochs! (PETITION)

Reaction score
Hey Guys!
I recently got aware of this petition. Might be useful if you could all could share it around and potentially get it the 5000 more signatures it needs. Thanks!
Costa

Banned
Reaction score
Hey Guys!
I recently got aware of this petition. Might be useful if you could all could share it around and potentially get it the 5000 more signatures it needs. Thanks!
Costa

It’s claimed to break down harmlessly after a few hours so presumably that is why SEPA have authorised use in these cases since it will be diluted enormously. You could seek the details from SEPA via an FOI request.

I worked in an industry using phenol formaldehyde and the wrong type of exposure is dangerous right enough. 007

goosander

Reaction score
It’s claimed to break down harmlessly after a few hours so presumably that is why SEPA have authorised use in these cases since it will be diluted enormously. You could seek the details from SEPA via an FOI request.

I worked in an industry using phenol formaldehyde and the wrong type of exposure is dangerous right enough. 007
Signed and shared.
Bob.

meyre

Reaction score
The presumption or precaution is that 'adding' anything, even substances which are extant in the environment, is both unnatural and possibly deleterious....you know like additional C02 to the atmosphere.
I thought this was understood by now?

Banned
Reaction score
Hey Guys!
Costa

Had a quick look at this but could only see use of Formic Acid for preserving fish offal ( called ensiling ) from a code of practice dated 2006.

Seems unlikely, if this is the only use, that ensiling would take place on the water.

Best to be sure though. You might can do an FOI via SEPA website.

HNY 007

Banned
Reaction score
The presumption or precaution is that 'adding' anything, even substances which are extant in the environment, is both unnatural and possibly deleterious....you know like additional C02 to the atmosphere.
I thought this was understood by now?
Those who need full employment and leisure add matter to the environment. Some harmful; some not.

EG. Am I to assume you walk to your fishing and don’t consume wrapped supermarket food ? 007

meyre

Reaction score
OH OH . Thank you.
Assumptions are best based on sound knowledge and must be reviewed regularly. I am sure the American ornithologist, who's name attends your signature profile here, would have agreed on this before providing us with ' Birds of the West Indies' .
Just as our inputs into our waterways may be assumed to be permitted where they are proved to be other than deleterious .
It is assumed that treated sewage water is so...it may be found, empirically, that the assumption has been based on best practice at a point in time when micro plastics and residual chemical traces were unknown/undetectable or felt to be insignificant vs. the cost and benefit.
The ' employment before environment ' argument is cheap now but terribly expensive later.
Perhaps, I often take a horse to the river...a terrible source of methane and vet's bills . A kind thought about wrapped food . I will have to ask my cook about the origin of lunch, it is usually , though not always in a wicker basket or bully-tin.........