Acrylic switch

The Flying Scotsman

Reaction score
I’ve finished the switch rod I built to test out using the acrylic before I built the competition CTS.
It turned out well but still not really my thing.
The guy who got me to build the CTS and supplied the acrylic is wanting it so he has matching rods.
I was going to donate this rod for the fly of the year competition but will now donate the red more traditional styled switch in the bottom picture.
C89874DB-45E5-475A-9944-F55B97234E8C.jpeg
3DEDB897-8C0B-4FB9-BCBB-0755DFCC2F20.jpeg
3CEC2F83-FA13-44FC-80C5-1952E0396AEB.jpeg
3BC61DF4-1B4D-499E-B12B-51D67E371CD2.jpeg

The Flying Scotsman

Reaction score
Very nice and beautifully finished just right for the Usk (y) ;)

Sewinfly....................
Thanks. These switch blanks are my favourite of all my own and bought rods.
Just dead easy to use. No matter what cast. I think they are a perfect balance soft enough to be a pleasure to play a fish on and stiff enough to punt out a decent line. Great presentation overhead casting too. I love using it.
Here’s pics I posted on another thread of me putting the red one through its paces when I took it out for testing. Gives you an idea of action
A703B83B-9366-4F22-B810-BB22D5382079.jpeg
F57C5B9A-CC25-4197-89BE-A7F79E550667.jpeg

westie4566

Reaction score
Right..you better be up dead early this Sunday. We should be safe from 10.30am for an hour and a half. It's a ticht windae but meet you at Inchgrundle at 10.25am? :p

keirstream

Reaction score
Right..you better be up dead early this Sunday. We should be safe from 10.30am for an hour and a half. It's a ticht windae but meet you at Inchgrundle at 10.25am? :p
Whit will you have on your piece for when it's communion time?
I'll bring the holy Buckfast.:D
In a brown paper bag, of course.

westie4566

Reaction score
Whit will you have on your piece for when it's communion time?
I'll bring the holy Buckfast.:D
In a brown paper bag, of course.
No finer wrapper for Buckie, obvs.

I've a leg oh lamb planned for Saturday nicht dinner, so it'll be thick slabs oh what's left , wi mustard in slices oh pan loaf.

westie4566

Reaction score
Nope.
Got to be on unleavened bread baked in the local convent.(y)
Hiv ye seen whit they use up the Glens?? We'll be lucky tae get oot alive,,,and that's nae jist the poaching.

Bunged up for weeks wi that unleavened bread that'll lead tae rampaging piles.....

Lock me up for the deid licer.......it'll be less painful than the other outcome (y) 😁

The Flying Scotsman

Reaction score
Aye, very good.:rolleyes:
But where's my 10ft Grilse Special???????
I’m getting my head nipped from a few folk for the 10ft grilse rods.
Were meant to be here by now but my blanks have been delayed a few weeks. Power shortages in China. Factory No power for up to 5 days a week at the moment 🤷‍♂️ :(

The Flying Scotsman

Reaction score
I have to ask Gordon, with work, fishing, rod making, typing stuff on the forum, when exactly do you get time to sleep and breath?.
Pedro.
I can rest when I’m dead Pedro.
I’ve very little time sitting on my arse these days. Will be able to churn the rods out now I’m not on the river. Also waiting on my 16’6” sample blank being made for you nutters at Rome Croy. That CTS I’ve just built with the acrylic is for Miloš. He is going to help develop a big competition rod with me.

keirstream

Reaction score
I can rest when I’m dead Pedro.
I’ve very little time sitting on my arse these days. Will be able to churn the rods out now I’m not on the river. Also waiting on my 16’6” sample blank being made for you nutters at Rome Croy. That CTS I’ve just built with the acrylic is for Miloš. He is going to help develop a big competition rod with me.
Milos can already throw a line from Blairgowrie to Rome Croy without leaving his house.
Dinnae make him any better.:eek::eek: