Aberfeldy fishing

Stuart1108

Reaction score
Going Aberfeldy for a week in August used to fish for trout as a boy there is there salmon fishing available and is it worth while thanks

doubletaper

Reaction score
Fished Upper Farleyer the other year and really enjoyed it. Some nice Fly Water & a nice hut to relax in at dinner after your first salmon! I think the Lyon is the top end of the beat ( right bank ) but some lovely pools if you like the fly and decent wading I recall.

Stuart1108

Reaction score
Thanks for replys is aberfeldy angling club 25 a day worth a shot must be pools on the town water that hold fish or are these mostly runners

happy days

Reaction score
Thanks for replys is aberfeldy angling club 25 a day worth a shot must be pools on the town water that hold fish or are these mostly runners
I used to camp on weem farm as a kid, and catch lots of trout, the pool below the island above general wades bridge was a salmon pool from memory.

Fergie

Reaction score
Couple of grilse today from Upper Farleyer. First from Pipers and second from Lower Carse. First time fished beat. Lovely fly water. Was at a foot today.

Attachments

• 57DD964A-5854-4494-A136-251DFEA8BB4A.jpeg
    57DD964A-5854-4494-A136-251DFEA8BB4A.jpeg
    5.4 MB · Views: 575

Fergie

Reaction score
Have one spare rod for Upper Farleyer on Tuesday as brother can’t make it. £55. I will be fishing so am happy to show the beat to anyone who’s not fished before. Is lovely fly water and conditions look favourable.