Aberdeenshire Dee 2021

scoops

Reaction score
Had a day at Kincardine yesterday, thought the little rise and forecast cooler day might stir up the fish a bit, other boy fishing thought the same, he was a sound guy n gave a few pointers for the beat, but we were wrong and only seen a few kippers, did turn a couple with a sunray but no connection
Beautiful part of the river to fish,
River in need of a good spate to flush out the algae off the bed, got the feeling would fish well with 18inches water but the top half would be interesting wading at that height as felt close to a few ankle breakers yesterday

westie4566

Reaction score
Well we all know things are grim these days, however even I was shocked today.

Booked the afternoon on the Pumphouse Pool. This time of year with the current low water it should be absolutely heaving with fish. The biggest thing I saw was a 1/2lb finnock!

Not even the usual residents sloshing about in the slow deep stretch next to the boulders.

Grim, grim, grim!!!

sealicer

Reaction score

Booked the afternoon on the Pumphouse Pool. This time of year with the current low water it should be absolutely heaving with fish. The biggest thing I saw was a 1/2lb finnock!

Not even the usual residents sloshing about in the slow deep stretch next to the boulders.

Grim, grim, grim!!!
A fairly obvious and depressing sign that all the fish are in and have been for a while now I’m afraid.

scoops

Reaction score

Grim, grim, grim!!!
When I was there this time last year was a big seal chasing a few grilse about,

maybe 6 years ago the place was chokka with fish all colours and sizes, caught my biggest salmon there big kipper over 20!
A fairly obvious and depressing sign that all the fish are in and have been for a while now I’m afraid.
whats happened to all the reports of the fish waiting to come in from the boats

sealicer

Reaction score
When I was there this time last year was a big seal chasing a few grilse about,

maybe 6 years ago the place was chokka with fish all colours and sizes, caught my biggest salmon there big kipper over 20!

whats happened to all the reports of the fish waiting to come in from the boats
There were a few fish at the pumphouse 1st week in August, the water went up at the end of that week and there hasn’t been a thing there since. Not sure what the boats are seeing.

marty31

Reaction score

Grim, grim, grim!!!
Same as the bottom tweed andy, perfect water hight, perfect time of the season, should be absolutely stuffed!!! But next door to FA , tragic 😣😣😣😣

mows

Reaction score
Last year, new fish stopped appearing at the Loups on the Northie on the 2nd week of August.
Same this year, though almost no water so not like for like comparison.
It certainly looks to me that we are changing to spring runs once more.