A Tay Shrimp Collection - The Black Arts

DrPatrickT

Reaction score
Cheers everyone, thanks for comments. I also did a few tubes to finish off my collection. A little bit over dressed but happy enough with them. Sadly very few of them have had a swim! All the best, Patrick

note: hooks are big mouth doubles - which I just use for pictures. BMDs although having a nice shape bend at the sight of a pebble - so I’d be fishing these with a better hook

FE4F264E-D621-45EC-9DC3-A3E9EEB2B954.jpeg

Clydebuilt

Reaction score
Cheers everyone, thanks for comments. I also did a few tubes to finish off my collection. A little bit over dressed but happy enough with them. Sadly very few of them have had a swim! All the best, Patrick

note: hooks are big mouth doubles - which I just use for pictures. BMDs although having a nice shape bend at the sight of a pebble - so I’d be fishing these with a better hook

View attachment 48984

I'm glad "Salmonkid" is trying to get his/her post count up for classifieds, or I'd have missed your tubes Dr P, lovely stuff !!
CB

keirstream

Reaction score
Having reverted to this post as the tyings mature with time and now look even better with age, I
meant to ask you.
How did you extract the tyings and particularly the subtle wee secrets from Tony?
Was it thumbscrews, electric shock or a case of Distiller's Choice?:):):):)

Last edited:

DrPatrickT

Reaction score
Having reverted to this post as the tyings mature with time and now look even better with age, I
meant to ask you.
How did you extract the tyings and particularly the subtle wee secrets from Tony?
Was it thumbscrews, electric shock or a case of Distiller's Choice?:):):):)

Tony is like Fort Knox - carries his flies in a secret compartment with MYOFB. On ??. I doubt I could afford the dram that would open Pandora’s box!

His brother Philip (Pippy ??) can’t even be tempted to become a leaky sieve after a few drams either. Black family must be like assassins creed.

Ive been lucky enough to have and seen some originals. So I just took the T&S patterns and made them more like what I’d seen....probably get a Knock on the door after posting this...

keirstream

Reaction score
I once got an original from Phil on the Teith and we shared 18 salmon between us. The 3rd rod never got a pull.
Phil ended up with 11 that day but had 5 of a start before I managed to extract the LOAN of the killer fly
from him. I had 7 and managed to sneak the fly off the premises only to lose the fecker next day before I had a chance
to copy it.:confused::(
I reckon there's an unhealthy mix of witchcraft, voodoo and of course Black magic goes on up there at Murthly.:):)

DrPatrickT

Reaction score
I’m not sure it’s just the fly Keirstream, those Black brothers are like Chuck Norris - they look at the water and tell the Salmon what fly they are having...Salmon whisperers ? when I tell the salmon what they are having, they have none of it