a simple orange/black temple dog cone head tube fly

pot belly kev

Reaction score
hi all,heres a video i did of a simple orange and black temple dog fly with an orange cone head,the tubing is eumer plastic small and large and hair is arctic fox.video's again in 3 bits,i thought i would make it in 2 but looks like im gona have to start speeding up my tying,next video is a pot belly pig/variant,orange or yellow.again sorry about the video being in 3 pieces,many thanks to everyone who watches them,i really appreciate it thanks.

kev

part 1
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWSZjVhTpok"]YouTube - MOV001[/ame]

part 2
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRqE4pOmx4w"]YouTube - MOV002[/ame]

part 3
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFPhXszSbK4"]YouTube - MOV003[/ame]

Sinktip

Reaction score
Great SBS Kev, thanks for taking the time to share it. I cant help thinking why more anglers dont use Templedog type flies instead of the more traditional patterns? as they look great in the water!

pot belly kev

Reaction score
hi sinktip really appreciate ur comments,thanks mate thats wat makes it worth while when u guys enjoy them.yea the temple dogs i admit look great but i used them at the start of the seasson for about 10 minutes and totaly lost my head and took them off and swore i would never use them again.well stupid me using them with practicaly no weight to the cone head,the flee was way to light.i am gona give them a try again though and ill make sure ive got a tungnsten cone head on them.thanks again mate.

kev

scruffy

Reaction score
Hi Kevin, another great fly/vidieo. I watch your vids with pleasure, to your next vid. Thanks
:scruffy

corky

Reaction score
Excellent sbs Kev,great to see the whole fly been done .Thanks for putting in the time to show this .
Corky

jockparr

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing your wonderfull videos kev , i love watchin them, im away to get the kit out and tie up the temple dog.

stu47

Reaction score
Great stuff Kev,think its really good of you to take the time to video and post it,
Should give people plenty of ideas for the close season
Keep it up

Stu

pot belly kev

Reaction score
thank u so much guys,its why i do it,to receive such warm feedback like that.as long as u guys enjoy them i enjoy doing them.it really means a lot,thank u so much to all of u.on this fly i got some advice from my friend con inireland,he gave me a couple of tips over the phone,(thanks con).ok next one is pot belly pig variant,ill do it tonite.thanks so much again guys.appreciate it.

kev

CB

Reaction score
Thanks for taking the time to make these Kev, very nice tie and video, enjoyed watching it!
I like seeing how other people do their ties, some things we do the same, some different so there's always something to learn and think about.

What is the brush you use to take out the underfur from the fox hairs?

Looking forward to seeing your bot belly pig variant :)

Last edited:

mdh

Reaction score
another belter Kev. I can't wait to try that one out at some point soon.

colin

Reaction score
Not watched the vid yet Kev, just about to. But wanted to say I was fishing with one of your dogs yesterday, this one had a mini turbo cone and looked stunning in the water. It didn't catch anything this time, well not a fish anyway. However I did get it stuck in the end of my thumb right under the nail and couldn't get it out myself like I normaly do due to the way it was positioned. So had to drive to A&E in Carlisle. Was in and out in an hour and back on the river. :eek::D you'd think you'd been tying for years mate, your skills have really come on now. :cool:

pot belly kev

Reaction score
hi all,again many thanks for the nice comments and for takin the time to watch them,it makes it worth while when u guys enjoy them.many thanks,i mean it.cb the brush i now use is a wider one as not only does it clean up the fur it also spreads it out and thins it out so it makes the bit of hair wide and flat ready to lay onto the next one.i bought brush thing from the chemist thats used for scrapping hard skinn from ur heels/feet,i took of the sandpaper stuff at end and replaced both sides with velcro.but an old paint brush works,take off the metal bit and bristles and put on velcro,or a strip of wood,keep the top wide and thing down for a handle,as i said it widens out and thins the har in one ready to put straight on,really does make things easier.u see frodin use one in his make em swim dvd.colin sorry to hear about ur acident,did they destroy the fly at the a+e,thanks for the nice comments collin.we will have to do another swapp again,i got my first ever salmon on ur fly colin,ive never been able to find the same red dubbing that u used on that francis.the glister stuff i got just dosent look right at all.collin any chance of helping me get some,would really appreciate it.thanks agin.

kev

colin

Reaction score
.colin sorry to hear about ur acident,did they destroy the fly at the a+e,thanks for the nice comments collin.we will have to do another swapp again,i got my first ever salmon on ur fly colin,ive never been able to find the same red dubbing that u used on that francis.the glister stuff i got just dosent look right at all.collin any chance of helping me get some,would really appreciate it.thanks agin.

kev

Hi Kev,

The fly was a tube so only the hook got the chop, so still have that bad boy ready for next season. :cool:

Aye I'd be up for another swop sometime, I'm a bit busy at the moment but maybe in a months time or something.

I'll get you a bag of that red dubbing and send it up to you mate. I got the first bag at the BFFI which by chance is on again this weekend. If I can't find any I'll send you half of what I've got here.

colin

Reaction score
Kev,

Was at the fly fair at the weekend and managed to get you a packet of that red dubbing. If you give me your address I'll pop it in the post to you on Friday. :cool:

Cheers
Colin

P.S. This was meant to be a PM but your inbox is full up again. Come on Kev, sort it out! ;):D

Heero

Reaction score
Hey kev,

This is really great. Im going to tie some today.

porteouz

Reaction score
Cheers for that Kev enjoyed watching it. As a beginner I picked up quite a few wee hints so thanks very much