keirstream

Reaction score

Attachments

• Teith61021.jpg
    Teith61021.jpg
    695.1 KB · Views: 140

keirstream

Reaction score
Couldn't get dialogue on to the previous post?
The beat flows directly West to East and the sun was intense in a totally cloudless sky.
So much so, half an hour and I had to head home for headache tablet it was so strong.
I couldn't even see the far bank.o_O
Anyway, low water and big sun just doesn't go so the water never saw another line until 3.30p.m. when a bit of cloud cover appeared.
5 minutes later and the 1st fish in the video was hooked.
An hour later came fish number 2 and that was that for the day.
I or the other rods never saw a single fish move all day, same as the Earn yesterday.
It's all a wee bit worrying.:(:(

Last edited:

keirstream

Reaction score
Nice one Tam.
Love Breaghas reaction. Lucy is similar, but more likely to be in the water if she gets a chance.
As soon as she has a sniff, thats it!
They are great dogs Alan, Breagha and her sister Erin.
Great fun to have with you on a days fishing.
I am seriously concerned about the total lack of even river fish never mind a back end run this Autumn in both the Earn and the Teith.
I hope it's just a single season blip, last year there were much more fish in both rivers at this time of the year.:unsure::unsure:

mows

Reaction score
They are great dogs Alan, Breagha and her sister Erin.
Great fun to have with you on a days fishing.
I am seriously concerned about the total lack of even river fish never mind a back end run this Autumn in both the Earn and the Teith.
I hope it's just a single season blip, last year there were much more fish in both rivers at this time of the year.:unsure::unsure:
Similar on the Southie.
Ive had 4 fish in 4 trips between Southie and Westie, but only seen one other fish in that 5 hours fishing.
The river has looked dead.
In saying that a lot of fish are appearing up the Northie.
Same as last year though and not a fresh fish after the 2nd week in August.
It has been a strange year.

Hardyreels

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well done again Tom!

All I managed was a brief on and off and couple of finnock today.
You don't post often enough Andy but every time I do see one from you I have to hold myself back from making sheep jokes :) Hopefully as winter comes onto us all you'll be on here more and I'll look forward to that.

The weather here is reaching the end of the line and I'll be gone for the next few days giving the steelhead a final go here. I've booked lodging at a place with heat and so am looking forward to the going. Big water and I'll take a Sage One 13 1/2 foot #8 rod with a full compliment of lines on extra spools because of varied conditions along the rivers course. I have one of those Simms waterproof sling packs that I can use to carry odds and ends in and this is one of the rare times I'll appreciate having it on hand. Generally I'm somewhere remote and traveling by boat and so have no need for carrying things with. This time of year finds me pushed out of my favorite haunts due to the formation of ice flows and they are early this year so a walking I will go. Of course if I happen to capture anything remarkable I'll take a photo and post it as well as a couple shots of the destination river.

Almost forgot, nice fish Tom. The video wouldn't play for me on this device but I'll try the larger computer later. It looks like the leaves haven't turned there yet. Here they are turned and nearly all down around home. I'll be fishing 190 miles south of here and the leaves although turned have not started to drop in great numbers yet.

Last edited:

The Flying Scotsman

Reaction score
Well done Tom. Other than the Spey in high water this year I’ve barely seen a fish other than the ones I’ve banked. There’s definitely been a poor run on the Tay and southie this year.

The Flying Scotsman

Reaction score
Nice one Tam.
Love Breaghas reaction. Lucy is similar, but more likely to be in the water if she gets a chance.
As soon as she has a sniff, thats it!
Just the same as Charlie. I actually let him Ghillie a finnock about a pound yesterday. I drew it along side him on the surface and he grabbed it by the head and banked it. I returned it unharmed.
He needs to perfect his technique on a salmon though. He accidentally bit Tom yesterday when he was tailing my fish haha.

westie4566

Reaction score
You don't post often enough Andy but every time I do see one from you I have to hold myself back from making sheep jokes :) Hopefully as winter comes onto us all you'll be on here more and I'll look forward to that.

The weather here is reaching the end of the line and I'll be gone for the next few days giving the steelhead a final go here. I've booked lodging at a place with heat and so am looking forward to the going. Big water and I'll take a Sage One 13 1/2 foot #8 rod with a full compliment of lines on extra spools because of varied conditions along the rivers course. I have one of those Simms waterproof sling packs that I can use to carry odds and ends in and this is one of the rare times I'll appreciate having it on hand. Generally I'm somewhere remote and traveling by boat and so have no need for carrying things with. This time of year finds me pushed out of my favorite haunts due to the formation of ice flows and they are early this year so a walking I will go. Of course if I happen to capture anything remarkable I'll take a photo and post it as well as a couple shots of the destination river.

Almost forgot, nice fish Tom. The video wouldn't play for me on this device but I'll try the larger computer later. It looks like the leaves haven't turned there yet. Here they are turned and nearly all down around home. I'll be fishing 190 miles south of here and the leaves although turned have not started to drop in great numbers yet.
No sheep involved at all today Ard. :ROFLMAO: The wildlife involved red squirrels, a mole that seemed a bit lost and a load of kingfishers darting about the riverside with their flash of blue and cinnamon.

Things have been relatively mild here for the time of year. Even the horse chestnut trees are barely turning yet and that's late.

It was a lovely autumn day to be on the river, however very sad as I looked down pools that would have been stuffed with fish even 8 years ago but none to be seen today. Even the regular lies that would have angry cock fish resident had nowt showing. Hey ho, it's not just my river that is suffering.

I admit I've posted less and less on here. Simply down to one reason and one poster, DCH. It get's real old, real quickly getting character assassinations from one who flounces off and on here, comes back as multiple personas. Need I say more.

Looks like you're getting winter early up in AK. Hope you still manage a few fish before it finally closes in.(y)

keirstream

Reaction score
Very nice Tom….Beech Tree?

Hoolet
Certainly was in the video.(y)
Right up in the neck as soon as the cloud appeared.
Don't know if you have been across I'm sure you would be shocked by the dearth of fish movement in the pools.
I just can't get over it.:(:(

Andrew B

Reaction score
Well done. Re the dearth of fish nation wide? I know it seems an annual event but I’m sure this years class of fish was from one of the worst in memory when the Severn burst its banks and the aptly named fishlake was under water.
I try and keep tabs on my local stream and it’s always noticeable after a winter without huge floods, how many trout parr there are?

Lamson v10

Reaction score
Nice one keirstream πŸ‘πŸŽ£ the wee dug is fairly coming on πŸ‘
Well done again Tom!

All I managed was a brief on and off and couple of finnock today.

Better than nowt Andy πŸ˜‰ well you know where I'll be after work 😜 the gear's in the van ready to go πŸ‘
I'll give you a buzz tonight and get we'll get a date sorted out 🎣🎣. I hope you put more backing on that reel 🀣

DSC_1022~3.JPG

westie4566

Reaction score

Better than nowt Andy πŸ˜‰ well you know where I'll be after work 😜 the gear's in the van ready to go πŸ‘
I'll give you a buzz tonight and get we'll get a date sorted out 🎣🎣. I hope you put more backing on that reel 🀣

View attachment 66587
Go get stuck into them Arnold, the water should have brought them up to you!

I did better than put mair backing on, I changed to a bigger reel :ROFLMAO:

Lamson v10

Reaction score
Go get stuck into them Arnold, the water should have brought them up to you!

I did better than put mair backing on, I changed to a bigger reel :ROFLMAO:

No in great numbers yet but managed a cpl on Saturday and another decent seatrout from the same lie as last year 🎣 old man had few yesterday but he's struggling a bit 🎣 won't stop him if there's fishing 🀣🎣

westie4566

Reaction score
No in great numbers yet but managed a cpl on Saturday and another decent seatrout from the same lie as last year 🎣 old man had few yesterday but he's struggling a bit 🎣 won't stop him if there's fishing 🀣🎣
Nice one Arnold - as big as last years? :p

Good to hear the auld yin is still battling on and landing fish(y)

rubberwellie

Reaction score

View attachment 66587
Nice looking stretch that, can fish right hand up as well.
Where is it if you don’t mind me asking?